THE READING CHALLENGES I AM WORKING ON FOR 2018
I hope this will give you great new ideas of books!
CLICK ON THE BANNER TO JOIN THIS CHALLENGE
There are a lot of those online, but these are my favorites. The idea is to finish the sentences and answer the questions exclusively with titles I read in 2016.
If you are intrigued by a title, just copy and paste it in the search button, and you will access the review.
– When I was younger I was : The Vatican Princess
– People might be surprised to discover that I’m: Michelangelo’s Ghost
– I will never be: The Queen of the Night
– At the end of a long day I need: French Rhapsody
– Right now I’m feeling: Too Close to the Edge
– Someday I want to: (be) The Madonna of Notre Dame
– At a party you’d find me: The Vegetarian
– I’ve never: (been) Red Handed
– I really don’t enjoy: Tainted Tokay
– In my next life I want to be: The Paris Librarian
– If you could go anywhere, where would you go: Café Budapest
– Your favorite form of transportation: Trip Through Your Wires
– Your best friend is: The Girl who Stayed
– You and your friends are: The Rivals of Versailles
– What’s the weather like: Blue Moon
– Favorite time of day: Le temps retrouvé
– If your life was: The House Between Tides
– What is life to you: The Pilgrim’s Progress
– Your fear: Oblivion
– What is the best advice you have to give: Bury Your Dead
– Thought for the Day: All is not Forgotten
– How I would like to die: Toward the Endless Day
– My soul’s present condition: The Long Way Home
I began the day with The White Cat and the Monk.
On my way to work I saw a Murder on the Quai
and walked by The Sacred Combe
to avoid (the) Thirsty Dragon,
but I made sure to stop at Max Gate.
In the office, my boss said : Too Dark to Sleep !
and sent me to research The Secret of the Old Clock.
At lunch with The Other Einstein,
I noticed The Black Notebook
under The Sword of the Maiden,
then went back to my desk, The Empty Throne.
Later, on the journey home, I bought The Collected Poems
because I have The President’s Hat;
then settling down for the evening, I picked up (the) Highland Steel
and studied Couple Mechanics
before saying goodnight to (the) Sleeping Giants.
I have so much fun with this every year!
Have you tried with the titles of the books you read in 2016?
In 2016, I participated in 12 Reading Challenges, and many virtual book tours.
I finished the following challenges. (Unfortunately, I’m far behind in my reviews. But you can see the titles I read for each challenge here.
I did not manage to finish the following challenges:
AND NOW TO 2017
Here are the very few reading challenges I signed up for 2017
The emphasis will be on my TBR.
And my 2nd year in the Classics Club. Having done Dante this year, I may go back to Milton, among many other titles.
A big Thank You to all of you,
and other readers who subscribed to this blog
through email, bloglovin, wordpress, facebook, twitter, linkedin, pinterest, instagram, youtube,
thanks for stopping by and leaving comments!
There’s been some woonderful conversations going on here, plus great reading recommendations!
Thanks again for following this blog!
Happy year of reading 2017 to each of you!