Click on the logo to access the site
Day 3 is about Characters and Blogging.
Sorry my dear readers, no time to come up with something decent on characters. I actually think I’m often more interested in how a book is written than the characters themselves. But my favorite literary character EVER, I believe, is Lee in Steinbeck’s East of Eden. I would need to really pinpoint why one day…
I also enjoy very much the characters in books by Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt. This name may not ring a bell, but you may actually have seen the movies made from his books (originally written in French): Monsieur Ibrahim and the Flowers of the Qu’ran and Oscar and The Lady in Pink. They are so deeply human, warm, simple, and the dialogs between them are so real. By the way, they are written in a very easy French.
Well, I guess I ended up talking a bit about characters!
Here is the prompt:
Blogging 101. All kinds of tips and tricks to get you started or keep you going. Talk about ARCs, reviewing in general, web design, etc. What blogging platform do you use? How do you network? What are some of your favorite web designs? Or maybe you want to talk about your own blogging journey, and how you got to where you are now. Either way, we want you to share your knowledge with the rest of the community!
This is going to be a Q without the A!!
- I use wordpress.com. I keep debating with myself for the possible switch to wordpress.org. I have read enough horror stories with security issues and hacking of wordpress.org sites that I don’t feel ready to jump into self -hosting.
Have YOU made the jump? For how long? Any issue? Why do you find it better, if you do indeed?
Am I wrong to assume that wordpress.com is indeed safer than wordpress.org as for security issues?
- I assume you can’t ask someone to do a special web design for you if you use wordpress.com. Or am I wrong? Do you know someone who could do that?
- I like a template with two right columns, but would love to use another one (wordpress.com so far). So far, I have not found one that really grabbed me. Do you know one? Or why do you use the template you use? Be sure to give the url of your blog if you comment.
Be honest with me: is there too much stuff in my right sidebars? What would you get rid of?
- For France Book Tours, I launched a Newsletter some time ago, and then stopped sending it after a few editions, not too sure about the content to insert, apart form an exclusive giveaway reserved to the subscribers to my Newsletter. Have you decided on a Newsletter to complement your book blog? Why? What do you insert in there that is not already in your posts?
- Next week, I am going to review an awesome book about starting a book by starting a blog, or turning your blog into a book. Have you done either, as a book blogger? Why did you decide to do it? How did it go? Any special advice?
- Let me know if YOU have any question for me, I’ll answer you in the comment section here below.