September 2016 wrap-up
Wow, not too sure what happened, but September was an awesome reading month, actually my best so far this year as for number of books and pages read!
I have thus finished several reading challenges – though I still need to post my reviews of those!
Here is what I read in September:
12 in print
= with 2,851 pages, that is: 95 pages/day
+ 1 audiobook
= with 11H11, that is: 22 mn/day
3 in mystery:
- The Madonna of Notre Dame, by Alexis Ragougneau
- Exit Strategy, by Colleen Cross – ebook that I translated into French
- Blood Wedding, by Pierre Lemaitre
3 in literary fiction:
- The Black Notebook, by Patrick Modiano – ebook
- Home of the Brave, by Katherine Applegate
- French Rhapsody, by Antoine Laurain
3 in nonfiction:
- James Joyce: Portrait of a Dubliner, by Alfonso Zapico – graphic “novel”
- Patristic Theology, by John Romanides
- Saint Innocent, Apostle to America, by Paul D. Garrett
4 in historical fiction:
- Katharina Luther, by Anne Boileau
- Café Budapest, by Alfonso Zapico – graphic novel
- The Empty Throne, by Bernard Cornwell – audiobook
- Historical mystery: Death at the Paris Exposition, by Frances McNamara
Some books fall into a couple of categories
|Published in 2016
|Books for review
My favorites in September
Reading Challenges recap
French Bingo: 35/25 – FINISHED
Classics Club: 5/50 (until end of 2018)
Cloak and Dagger (Mysteries): 25/21-30
Ebook challenge: 25/25 – FINISHED
Historical fiction: 15/15 – FINISHED
Japanese literature: 3/5
New authors challenge: 37/50
New Release (2016): 32/16-30 – FINISHED
Nonfiction challenge: 11/11-15
Books in Translation: 23/12 – FINISHED
What’s in a Name: 3/6
Where Are You Reading?: 20/50 – to be finished in ??
Total of books read in 2016 = 74/100
Number of books added to my TBR in September= 14
Most popular book review in September
click on the cover to access my review.
Most popular post last month
– non book review –
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
please go visit
Top commenters of the month
Inspired by Becca at I’m Lost in Books!
and her Blogger Shout-Outs feature
= 1 point per month for the top 3.
The one who has the most points at the end of the year will receive a gift!
NB: just congratulating winners of giveaways does not count as a real comment 😉
9: Lucy at The Fictional 100
8: Karen at Booker Talk
5: Elizabeth at Silver’s Reviews
3: Freda at Freda’s Voice
2: Katherine at I Wished I Lived In a Library
over 3,870 subscribers
over 121,00 hits
Plans for October
- Keep purging my Goodreads TBR shelf
- Spend time looking at blogs recommended by you, to choose a nicer look, and from there go to self-hosting, one day…
Come back on Monday
to see what I plan to read in October!
How was YOUR month of September?
Kathryn at The Book Date
has created a Month In Review meme
I’ll now be linking my monthly recap posts
Thanks Kathryn, great idea!