Inspired by book blogger Davida, at The Chocolate Lady’s Book Review Blog, herself inspired by a couple of other bloggers (see here for instance). I plan to post about it on Saturdays, except the 1st Sat of the month, when I usually feature another meme.
The rules are simple:
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf from oldest to new
- Pick the first 5 or 10 (or whatever number you choose, depending on how large your list is) books you see
- Decide whether to keep them or get rid of them.
RESULTS FOR PREVIOUS READ OR SKIP
20, 21 and 23: skip
Read the others.
READ OR SKIP #7
Let’s see what YOU think about these 8 titles today.
24) Sacré Bleu
- This sounds like a mix of many things: humor (hmm, not sure about this), historical fiction, fantasy (hmm), mystery, and romance (hmm!)
- BUT should I try this author?
SKIP, unless you convince me otherwise
- I think someone told me this was fantastic.
- BUT the average Goodreads ratings is not high.
- “The History of English Spelling reveals the history of Modern English spelling, tracing its origins and development from Old English up to the present day.” Totally my type of thing.
- Yes, I noticed the numbers are not in order, but that’s they are currently displayed on my Goodreads list. Weird.
- The synopsis leaves me uninterested.
- Sounds like a great novella by Aira.
- Classic Russian literature!
30) Barney’s Version
- This one was highly recommended to me.
- And I haven’t read many Canadian authors.
- “The Girl Who Leapt Through Time tells the story of Kazuko Yoshiyama, a third-year middle school student who accidentally acquires the ability to time travel after an unfortunate accident in a school science lab. “
- Not sure I’ll like that, but it’s short, and an opportunity to discover another Japanese author.
What do YOU think? Should I skip more than two? What t do with #25?
HAVE YOU READ THESE?
READ OR SKIP?
I ALSO WELCOME SUGGESTIONS
FOR GOOD BOOKS ON SIMILAR THEMES