March 2021 WRAP-UP
I introduced my February recap saying we were getting closer to a Covid vaccine. I didn’t think things would suddenly accelerate, at least in some areas. So I just got my first vaccine yesterday!
March has been an interesting reading month, with the highest number of books read per month I believe, and possibly also for the first time more audiobooks than books in print!!
I have discovered that listening to audiobooks and doing jigsaw puzzles (checked out at my awesome public library) was indeed a great way to relax.
The focus these past 3 months has been on Japanese literature, for the Japanese Reading Challenge 14, and I managed to read 12 books, so actually 3 more than originally planned. This is also the most I have read for this challenge.
I’m actually going to read more Japanese fiction, even if the challenge is technically over.
I have also restarted posting notes from my Orthodox reads.
BUT, I am again way behind in my reviews, as I haven’t had time to participate in the Sunday Post, where I usually do short reviews.
📚 So here is what I read in March:
7 in print
= with 1,859 pages, a daily average of 59 pages/day
9 in audio
= 39H17, a daily average of 1H16
6 in nonfiction:
- The Book of the Song of Songs
- The Book of Wisdom
- The Book of Sirach
- The Book of Hosea
- The Book of Amos – these first 5 books were as audiobooks, for The Classics Club and the Books in Translation Challenge
- Less Than Fully Catholic, by Trisha Day – written by a friend
5 in literary fiction:
- Kusamakura, by Natsume Soseki
- Le Mineur, by Natsume Soseki – French ebook
- To the Spring Equinox and Beyond, by Natsume Soseki – this one and all the above were ebooks for The Classics Club, the Japanese Reading Challenge 14, and the Books in Translation Challenge
- Klara and the Sun, by Kazuo Ishiguro – for the Japanese Reading Challenge 14
- Before the Coffee Gets Cold, by Toshikazu Kawaguchi – for the Japanese Reading Challenge 14. And Buddy read
5 in mystery:
- Cards on the Table (Hercule Poirot #15), by Agatha Christie
- Dumb Witness (Hercule Poirot #16), by Agatha Christie
- Death on the Nile (Hercule Poirot #17), by Agatha Christie – these 3 were audiobooks for The Classics Club
- The Black Lizard/Beast in the Shadows, by Edogawa Rampo – ebook for The Classics Club, the Japanese Reading Challenge 14, and the Books in Translation Challenge
- Rien ne t’efface, by Michel Bussi – French audiobook
MY FAVORITE BOOKS THIS PAST MONTH
This is too hard, I have to pick four this time!!
READING CHALLENGES & RECAP
NO OTHER BOOKS REVIEWED THIS PAST MONTH
REVIEW COPIES AVAILABLE
MOST POPULAR BOOK REVIEW THIS PAST MONTH
click on the cover to access my review
MOST POPULAR POST THIS PAST MONTH
– NON BOOK REVIEW –
BOOK BLOG THAT BROUGHT ME MOST TRAFFIC THIS PAST MONTH
please go visit, there are a lot of good things there!
please go and visit them,
they have great book blogs
over 5,460 followers
over 217,360 hits
Come back tomorrow
to see the books I plan to read in April
📚 📚 📚
How was YOUR month of March?
Nicole at Feed Your Fiction Addiction
has created a Month In Review meme
where you can link your monthly recap posts