SEPTEMBER 2021 WRAP-UP
September was another great reading month, with progress on my own challenges:
- I have already reached my reading goal for the year, which was 120 books. Seems like I need to raise the bar every year!
- I’m almost done with listening to all of Hercule Poirot
- Which allowed me a little break in my audio program: I then listened to a French audio, a long sequel I was really looking forward.
- And I even just started listening to The Thirteenth Tale.
This is actually BIG for me, as it is the title that has been for the longest time on my Goodreads TBR. When I say longest, I really mean it. This is the first title I added to my TBR 10 years ago, when I joined Goodreads. My goal is to focus more and more on these titles that I have meant to read for so many years
- I posted my review of Lessons From Walden, so I now only have one review late for books I requested a year ago (through Edelweiss). Alas, there are many books I have read this year and never wrote a review for them, but at least I’ll be caught up soon with the books I had requested.
- And yesterday, I celebrated my 11th blogiversary. Didn’t do anything special, beside preparing this post!!
These goals actually are not really reflected in the number of pages I have read this year. The reason being I’m currently reading two massive books (one is 900 pages or so), and I’m not done. So numbers of pages will be high next month when I’m done with these two books.
📚 Here is what I read in September:
6 in print
= with 1,590 pages, a daily average of 53 pages/day
6 in audio
= 48H05, a daily average of 1H36 (which is almost 20 minutes more than last month. And the reason being a lot of work in the garden, especially picking a lot of green beans, cutting them, and blanching them. Perfect activity for audio time!
5 in mystery:
- After the Funeral (Hercule Poirot #33), by Agatha Christie
- Hickory Dickory Dock (Hercule Poirot #34), by Agatha Christie
- Dead Man’s Folly (Hercule Poirot #35), by Agatha Christie
- Cat Among the Pigeons (Hercule Poirot #36), by Agatha Christie – these first 4 were as audiobooks, for The Classics Club
- Rider on the Rain, by Sébastien Japrisot – for the Books in Translation Challenge and for The Classics Club. My review will be live on October 4
2 in science-fiction:
- The Islanders, by Christopher Priest
- Constance, by Matthew FitzSimmons – read to prepare for the Virtual Crime Book Club (Zoom discussion on October 11)
2 in YA/Children’s Book:
- Les deux châteaux (N.E.O. #2), by Michel Bussi – French audiobook
- Kaleidoscope, by Brian Selznick
1 in historical fiction:
- Les Évaporés, by Thomas B. Reverdy – in French with one of my students
1 in literary fiction:
- Rue des boutiques obscures, by Patrick Modiano – in French another of my students. This is a reread
- Les Mystères de Paris, volume 1, by Eugène Sue – French audiobook, for The Classics Club.
MY FAVORITE BOOKS THIS PAST MONTH
READING CHALLENGES & RECAP
Classics Club: 80/137 (from November 2020-until November 2025)
Japanese Literature Challenge: 12 books
#20BooksofSummer21: 37/20 books
Total of books read in 2021 = 125/120 (104%)
Number of books added to my TBR this past month = 39
OTHER BOOKS REVIEWED THIS PAST MONTH
And two short reviews:
The open giveaways are on my homepage
Books available for swapping
REVIEW COPIES AVAILABLE
Posted on my homepage
And we offer a Book Box!
And monthly raffle with a Newsletter
(see sample with link to sign up)
MOST POPULAR BOOK REVIEW THIS PAST MONTH
click on the cover to access my review
MOST POPULAR POST THIS PAST MONTH
– NON BOOK REVIEW –
Top Ten Books on my Fall 2021 To-read List
BOOK BLOG THAT BROUGHT ME MOST TRAFFIC THIS PAST MONTH
please go visit, there are a lot of good things there!
Marianne at Let’s Read
Greg at Book Haven
please go and visit them,
they have great book blogs
over 5,500 followers
over 227,510 hits
Come back on October 5
to see the books I plan to read in October
📚 📚 📚
How was YOUR month of September?
Nicole at Feed Your Fiction Addiction
has created a Month In Review meme
where you can link your monthly recap posts