You may have seen in my stats of the year, that there was a peak for December. Seeing how few books I had read compared to my usual average (about 30 less books than usual), I tried to read more in December!!
It worked, and December was by far my best month in 2018. Best in reading, and also very good in audio time.
Here is what I read in December:
12 in print
= with 3,276 pages, an average of 105.6 pages/day
2 in audio
= with 25H12, an average of 48 mn/day
7 in nonfiction:
- Modern Orthodox Thinkers: From the Philokalia to the Present Day, by Andrew Louth
- A Moveable Feast, by Ernest Hemingway – for Classics Club
- The Provocative Colette, by Annie Goetzinger – biography, “graphic novel”
- Visiting Tom: A Man, a Highway, and the Road to Roughneck Grace
by Michael Perry – for my Winter LIbrary Challenge, book picked by the staff for me
- Che: A Revolutionary Life, by Jon Lee Anderson – biography, “graphic novel”
- Hedy Lamarr: An Incredible Life, by William Roy – biography, “graphic novel”. I chose to read this to compare with Marie Benedict’s historical novel on Hedy Lamarr, see below
- Letters to Saint Olympia, by Saint John Chrysostom
4 in mystery:
- Kingdom of the Blind, by Louise Penny
- Maman a tort, by Michel Bussi – audio, in French
- The Book Artist, by Mark Pryor – 2019 release, for review
- N’oublier jamais, by Michel Bussi – audio, in French
2 in historical fiction:
- The Shadow Land, by Elizabeth Kostova
- The Only Woman in the Room, by Marie Benedict – 2019 release, ebook for review
1 in Fiction:
- The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly, by Sun-Mi Hwang
MY FAVORITES IN DECEMBER
READING CHALLENGES RECAP
Classics Club: 25/50 (until end of 2020) or 39/64!
The 2018 TBR Pile Challenge: 3/12, but none reviewed yet !!
Where Are You Reading?: 21/50 – to be finished in ??
Total of books read in 2018= 77/100
Number of books added to my TBR this past month= 26
MOST POPULAR BOOK REVIEW THIS PAST MONTH
click on the cover to access my review
MOST POPULAR POST THIS PAST MONTH
– NON BOOK REVIEW –
Born a Crime chapter 9-14:
read along at Book Bloggers International
BOOK BLOG THAT BROUGHT ME MOST TRAFFIC THIS PAST MONTH
Fire Quill Book Blog
please go visit
TOP COMMENTERS OF THE MONTH
Judy at Keep the Wisdom
Karen at Booker Talk
Angela at Musings of a Literary Wanderer
BLOG MILESTONES AND EVENTS
over 4,650 subscribers
over 168,6300 hits
Be sure to check the giveaways posted on my homepage!
Come back on Sunday
to see the books I plan to read in January
and my other plans!
How was YOUR month of December?
Kathryn at The Book Date
has created a Month In Review meme
where you can link your monthly recap posts
Thanks Kathryn, great idea!