March 2021 WRAP-UP
I introduced my February recap saying we were getting closer to a Covid vaccine. I didn’t think things would suddenly accelerate, at least in some areas. So I just got my first vaccine yesterday!
March has been an interesting reading month, with the highest number of books read per month I believe, and possibly also for the first time more audiobooks than books in print!!
I have discovered that listening to audiobooks and doing jigsaw puzzles (checked out at my awesome public library) was indeed a great way to relax.
The focus these past 3 months has been on Japanese literature, for the Japanese Reading Challenge 14, and I managed to read 12 books, so actually 3 more than originally planned. This is also the most I have read for this challenge.
I’m actually going to read more Japanese fiction, even if the challenge is technically over.
I have also restarted posting notes from my Orthodox reads.
BUT, I am again way behind in my reviews, as I haven’t had time to participate in the Sunday Post, where I usually do short reviews.
📚 So here is what I read in March:
7 in print
= with 1,859 pages, a daily average of 59 pages/day
9 in audio
= 39H17, a daily average of 1H16
6 in nonfiction:
- The Book of the Song of Songs
- The Book of Wisdom
- The Book of Sirach
- The Book of Hosea
- The Book of Amos – these first 5 books were as audiobooks, for The Classics Club and the Books in Translation Challenge
- Less Than Fully Catholic, by Trisha Day – written by a friend
5 in literary fiction:
- Kusamakura, by Natsume Soseki
- Le Mineur, by Natsume Soseki – French ebook
- To the Spring Equinox and Beyond, by Natsume Soseki – this one and all the above were ebooks for The Classics Club, the Japanese Reading Challenge 14, and the Books in Translation Challenge
- Klara and the Sun, by Kazuo Ishiguro – for the Japanese Reading Challenge 14
- Before the Coffee Gets Cold, by Toshikazu Kawaguchi – for the Japanese Reading Challenge 14. And Buddy read
5 in mystery:
- Cards on the Table (Hercule Poirot #15), by Agatha Christie
- Dumb Witness (Hercule Poirot #16), by Agatha Christie
- Death on the Nile (Hercule Poirot #17), by Agatha Christie – these 3 were audiobooks for The Classics Club
- The Black Lizard/Beast in the Shadows, by Edogawa Rampo – ebook for The Classics Club, the Japanese Reading Challenge 14, and the Books in Translation Challenge
- Rien ne t’efface, by Michel Bussi – French audiobook
MY FAVORITE BOOKS THIS PAST MONTH
This is too hard, I have to pick four this time!!
READING CHALLENGES & RECAP
Classics Club: 32/137 (from November 2020-until November 2025)
Japanese Literature Challenge: 12 books
Total of books read in 2021 = 42/120
Number of books added to my TBR this past month = 10
NO OTHER BOOKS REVIEWED THIS PAST MONTH
The open giveaways are on my homepage
Books available for swapping
REVIEW COPIES AVAILABLE
Posted on my homepage
And we offer a Book Box!
And monthly raffle with a Newsletter
(see sample with link to sign up)
MOST POPULAR BOOK REVIEW THIS PAST MONTH
click on the cover to access my review
MOST POPULAR POST THIS PAST MONTH
– NON BOOK REVIEW –
The top 8 books to read in March 2021
BOOK BLOG THAT BROUGHT ME MOST TRAFFIC THIS PAST MONTH
please go visit, there are a lot of good things there!
Marianne at Let’s Read
Judy at Keep the Wisdom
Iza at Books & Livres
please go and visit them,
they have great book blogs
over 5,460 followers
over 217,360 hits
Come back tomorrow
to see the books I plan to read in April
📚 📚 📚
How was YOUR month of March?
Nicole at Feed Your Fiction Addiction
has created a Month In Review meme
where you can link your monthly recap posts