Seriously? Already time for a monthly wrap-up? It feels like I just did one last week…
Even though weeks flew by in October, I managed to read 9 books, 3 being non-fiction works.
Total of 1619 pages , that is 52.2 pages/day, slightly less than in September, though with more books read!
And I listened to 3 audiobooks, with a total of 25:59 hours, and an average of 50 mn/day.
But unfortunately only 1 of these books reviewed!!
The Thief, by Fuminori Nakamura
Salvation of a Saint, by Keigo Higashino (my 1st First Reads!)
Léon Morin, prêtre, by Béatrix Beck (in French)
The Bridge of San Luis Rey, by Thornton Wilder
Dusk, by Sionil José
Itinerary, by Octavio Paz
Cliffs Notes on Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night, by J.L.Roberts
Action Philosophers vol 1 by Fred Van Lente & Ryan Dunlavey (Graphic “novel”)
Twelfth Night, by Shakespeare
I LISTENED TO
A Lady Cyclist’s Guide to Kashgar, by Suzanne Joinson
American Dervish, by Ayad Akhtar
Mrs Pollifax Innocent Tourist, by Dorothy Gilman
BEST BOOKS THIS MONTH
- Around the World in 52 books: 36/52
- Around the world in 12 books: 11/12
- European reading challenge: 10/5 – COMPLETED
- I love Italy: 3/3 – COMPLETED
- Dewey Decimal: 29/20 – COMPLETED
- We want you to read French authors: 6/5 – COMPLETED (ends in August)
- Books in translation: 15/10-12 – COMPLETED
- South Asia: 6/7
- Middle East: 8/18
- My own reading challenge: 2/5
- What’s in a Name: 5/6
- Ebook challenge: 9/10
- Audiobook: 13/12 – COMPLETED
- Support your library: 46/37 – COMPLETED
- Finishing the series: 1/1 – COMPLETED
- 2nds challenge: 8/3 – COMPLETED
- Foodies: 1/3
- Japanese literature: 3/1+ – COMPLETED
- Historical novels: 15/7-10 – COMPLETED
- New authors challenge: 43/15 -COMPLETED
- A Shakespeare play a month: 10/12
- SHAKESPEARE READING MONTH: 1/1 – COMPLETED
- AUSTRALIAN LITERATURE MONTH: 1/1 – COMPLETED
- DICKENS READING MONTH: 1/1 – COMPLETED
- Graham Green Challenge: 1/1 – COMPLETED
BLOGGING EVENTS IN OCTOBER
- A conference where I met the author Debra Dean in person!
- I launched my first read-along with The House At Riverton, by Kate Morton. I posted questions to help you read Part 1. We will share our answers on Nov 5!
MOST POPULAR LATEST REVIEW
Claivaux Manifesto, by Kirk Bartha
UPCOMING BLOGGING EVENTS
- Nov 26: review and giveaway of The Lincoln Conspiracy, by Timothy L. O’Brien (Historical Fiction Virtual Book Tours)
- Nov 30: review of The Siren of Paris, by David LeRoy (Virtual Book Tour – Book Promotion Services))
- The Black Count, by Tom Reiss (ebook)
- The Ascetical Homilies of Saint Isaac the Syrian
- Shadows Walking, by Skopp Douglas
- The House At Riverton, by Kate Morton
- Sacrilege (Giordano Bruno # 3), by S.J. Parris (audiobook)
- The Lincoln Conspiracy, by Timothy L. O’Brien
- The Siren of Paris, by David LeRoy
WHAT I PLAN TO READ BEFORE THE END OF 2012
TO COMPLETE ALL MY READING CHALLENGES
- On Iceland : From the Mouth of the Whale
- On Bhutan: Beyond the Sky and the Earth
- Written in1973: A Palm for Mrs Pollifax
- In 1974?
- In 1975?
- The Tempest
- On Kuweit?
- On Lebanon= House of Stone – audiobook
- On Lybia?
- On Oman?
- On Palestine?
- On Qatar?
- On Saudi Arabia= Eight Months On Ghazzah Street, by Hiklary Mnatel
- On Tunisia?
- On Arab Emirates?
- On Yemen?
I NEED YOUR HELP!
PLEASE USE THIS FORM
TO GIVE ME YOUR SUGGESTIONS
HAVE YOU READ ANY OF THE BOOKS MENTIONED IN THIS POST?
HOW WAS YOUR READING MONTH OF OCTOBER?
ANY SPECIAL READING TREATS
FOR YOU BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR?