Lots of things going on in September, with a week off the grid, where I actually did more bird watching that reading, believe it or not!!
So my September reading totaled only 6 books, with 1307 pages, that is, 43.5 pages/day.
Part of those 6 were 2 audiobooks, [thanks to a very long drive!]: 23:46 hours as a whole, that is, an average of 47 mn/day
I’m again extremely late in my reviews, but my work schedule is changing in October, and I hope this will help me catch up.
3 historical fiction:
- Sutton, by J. R. Moehringer – audiobook
- Confessions of Marie-Antoinette, by Juliet Grey – ebook
- The Strangled Queen, by Maurice Druon – ebook –upcoming review, October 10
- The World’s Strongest Librarian, by Josh Hanagarne – audiobook
- The Year of Grace of the Lord, by Lev Gillet
The Greenland Breach, by Bernard Besson – upcoming review, first week of November
My favorites this month:
Reading Challenges recap
Around the World in 12 books: 6/12
Books on France: 25/12 – COMPLETED
Cozy Mysteries: 4/10
Ebook challenge: 21/10 – COMPLETED
European reading challenge: 10/5 – COMPLETED
Historical fiction: 27/15 – COMPLETED
Japanese literature: 1/1
New authors challenge: 51/25 – COMPLETED
TBR challenge: 4/12
What’s in a Name: 5/6
Where Are You Reading?: 9/50
Australian Literature: 1/1 – COMPLETED
Total of books read so far in 2013 = 73
Number of books added to my TBR in Septmber = only 24, lol!
- 1 of the 6 books mentioned here was received for review by the publisher
- 33 readers signed up for my Books on France Challenge, and 101 reviews have already been posted. Don’t forget to post your reviews, and it is never too late to join!
- Every month, France Book Tours has a giveaway for the book(s) of the month. Have you checked yet the October giveaway? There are 2 books to win!
- France Book Tours already completed 13 book tours, and there are 10 more already scheduled! If you are interested in reviewing books on your blog for France Book Tours, just fill in this short questionnaire. 59 book bloggers have already done so! You can find all kinds of genre: historical fiction, romance, mystery, LGBT, nonfiction, etc.
- The big highlight for September was definitely my 3rd blogiversary. Thanks for all the visits and nice comments. I posted about my 3 year stats, a fun A to Z survey, and the winner of the blogiversary giveaway!
- And I was thrilled to be interviewed by the Examiner, for my HF reviews!
- The big disappointment was not being able to take part in Bloggiesta, with too many things going on. C’est la vie !
Most popular recent book review
2nd month in a row!
click on the cover to access my review
Most popular recent post – non book review
with 3 awesome HF to choose from!
Plans for October
How was YOUR month of September?
And what are your reading plans for October?