I could start this recap with the exact same line as the last 3 or 4 months: it is still too cold around Chicago, and believe or not, we had a bit of snow Saturday evening and night!
But who cares when you have lots of books waiting for you to read? That has definitely been the case for me, as I’m part of the Shadow Panel for the Man Booker International 2019. The shortlist will be revealed on April 9, and I still have quite a few to read to get closer to the 1 titles…
Also, slowly but surely, I’m still reading Don Quixote, now with Lory at The Emerald City. We will take turn to post our reflections/questions on the second part of the work.
Everyday, I also read a chapter of Les Misérables in French, a read-along with one my students. We are now in volume 2.
So here is what I finished in March:
1 in print
= with 2,964 pages, an average of 95 pages/day
None in audio
I have been listening to Walden, by Thoreau, but have not finished yet.
5 in literary fiction:
- At Dusk, by Hwang Sok-Yong – ebook, for MBI2019
- Four Soldiers, by Hubert Mingarelli – for MBI2019
- The Pine Islands, by Marion Poschmann – ebook, for MBI2019
- Love in the New Millennium, by Can Xue – for MBI2019
- The Remainder, by Alia Trabucco Zeran – for MBI2019
2 in nonfiction:
- Poustinia, by Catherine de Hueck Doherty
- The Years, by Annie Ernaux – for MBI2019
1 in historical fiction:
- The Shape of the Ruins, by Juan Gabriel Vasquez – for MBI2019
2 in graphic novels
- Orange, volume 2, by Ichigo Takano – manga
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, by Scott Fitzgerald
1 in mystery:
- The Woman in the Window, by AJ Finn – ebook
MY FAVORITES IN MARCH
READING CHALLENGES & RECAP
Classics Club: 42/50 (until end of 2020)
2019 Calendar of Crime Challenge 2/12
Where Are You Reading?: 21/50 – to be finished in ??
Total of books read in 2019 = 26/100
Number of books added to my TBR this past month= 22
MOST POPULAR BOOK REVIEW THIS PAST MONTH
click on the cover to access my review
MOST POPULAR POST THIS PAST MONTH
– NON BOOK REVIEW –
Born a Crime chapter 9-14:
read along at Book Bloggers International
BOOK BLOG THAT BROUGHT ME MOST TRAFFIC THIS PAST MONTH
Tony’s Reading List
please go visit
TOP COMMENTERS OF THE MONTH
Judy at Keep the Wisdom
Karen at Booker Talk
Angela at Musings of a Literary Wanderer
over 4,800 subscribers
over 174,900 hits
Be sure to check the giveaway posted on my homepage!
Also, we still have one spot available
to review this wonderful book by Blondel!
Come back tomorrow
to see the books I plan to read in April
How was YOUR month of March?
Nicole at Feed Your Fiction Addiction
has created a Month In Review meme
where you can link your monthly recap posts