BOOK RECEIVED THIS PAST WEEK
The Only Woman the Room
The upcoming (January 15) historical novel
on Hedy Lamarr, by Marie Benedict.
I know nothing about Lamarr, but I admire the author.
See for instance my review of Carnegie’s Maid.
I received the book through Netgalley
BOOKS JUST READ
click on the covers to know more about them
The Clockmaker’s Daughter:
I’m about half done, and a bit disappointed compared to her previous books. The problem is, I am a bit confused between the many characters, who’s who? I rushed into it without taking notes, that didn’t help! Hopefully, things will nicely come together.
The Ship, the Saint, and the Sailor:
There’s actually not much on the saint, which was my main reason for picking the book. However, all the details about finding this boat wreck are fascinating.
While Beauty Slept:
I’m almost done listening to this great twist on Sleeping Beauty.
BOOKS UP NEXT
intrigued by the upcoming book by Bilyeau, author of The Tapestry
Love in lowercase:
This is unbelievable how you get drawn to a book – how one thing leads to the next, which is incidentally a main theme of that book!
It sounds like a saga:
- I finished Newcomer by Higashino, and was so raving about it, my husband asked me if he should read it. I actually encouraged him to read first The Devotion of Suspect X
- He devoured it in no time, but was disappointed by the ending, and asked if there were Japanese novels with happy endings
- So I googled “Japanese novels with happy endings”, and found an article highlighting this book: Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life.
- We went to the library and picked it up. It was written by 2 authors. I was curious to see what else they had written.
- I ended up requesting a book by the first author: A Geek in Japan
- A book by the second author was at my library: Love in lowercase. I read the synopsis and sounded really good.
- I opened my Goodreads and realized it was on my TBR! So I picked it up!!
Ne lâche pas ma main:
Next in my Michel Bussi‘s audiobooks binge
UNTIL OCT 31
UNTIL NOV 3
WHAT ABOUT YOUR READING?