As everyone around, I’m wondering where August went, but it did manage to give me good reads.
Here is what I read in August:
= 8 books with 2,471 pages, that is: 79.7 pages/day.
+ 2 audiobooks = 14:55 hours, that is an average of 28 mn/day
5 historical novels:
- Midnight in Europe, by Alan Furst – audiobook. (it’s also a spy novel, but the historical background was better used than the spy elements, so I classify it here as histfic)
- The Wharf of Chartrons, by Jean-Paul Malaval
- Madame Picasso, by Anne Girard
- The Ashes of Heaven’s Pillar, by Kim Rendfeld – ebook. Review on 9/1
- Edwin, High King of Britain, by Edoardo Albert – Review on 9/15
3 in nonfiction:
- Arabian Love Poems, by Nizar Kabbani
- France on the Brink, by Jonathan Fenby
- Toi qui as soif de bonheur, by Jean-Pierre Longeat – in French.
1 in literary fiction:
- Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and his Years of Pilgrimage, by Haruki Murakami
- Mrs. Pollifax Unveiled, by Dorothy Gilman
My favorites this month:
This is terribly hard to choose:
I enjoyed very much three of the five historical novels,
loved the Poems and Fenby’s book on France
and of course this dear Mrs. Pollifax!
Reading Challenges recap
Books on France: 40/24
Ebook challenge: 15/25
Historical fiction: 24/25
Japanese literature: 2/6
New authors challenge: 50/50
My Kind of Mysteries: 15/20
TBR challenge: 2/12
What’s in a Name: 3/5
Where Are You Reading?: 16/50 – to be finished in 2014
Total of books read in 2014 = 66/105
Number of books added to my TBR in August = 57
7 of the 10 books read this month were received for review.
Already 72 reviews for my Books on France Challenge, don’t forget to link yours.
I organized 4 giveaways this month. There’s always one going on at France Book Tours.. Be sure to come back tomorrow for the September Giveaway! a great fiction starting n Paris!
- I decided finally to expand my Mailbox Monday, and to combine it with It’s Monday! What Are You reading, WWW Wednesdays in a Sunday Post. Have done it four times so far.
- I finally got rid of Words Ads, and am inviting anyone selling French products or services related to France to advertize both on Words And Peace and France Book Tours. Spread the news!
- And I launched a Newsletter subscription! The subscribers will receive exclusive content, not posted on the blog, and will have access to a special giveaway every month, not available on the blog either. If you have not subscribed yet, it’s time to do so if you want to be entered in the awesome September giveaway! I can only tell you it’s a book mentioned on this page!
Most popular book review in August
click on the cover to access my review
Most popular post last month – non book review
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
please go visit
over 1,885 subscribers
over 66,700 hits
Blog plans for September
Apart from reviews scheduled, I plan to keep working at reviewing books read earlier on this year.
And be prepare my blogiversary is coming in 28 days! There will be of course a mega giveaway!
And on 9/27, I will be part of the 30 Authors in 30 Days event on The Book Wheel Blog! Be sure to viit starting on Monday, there will be awesome giveaways!
You can follow on Facebook, or with #30Authors on Twitter!
How was YOUR month of August?