APRIL 2023 WRAP-UP
The month of April has been crazy busy, especially with Church related activities,
and my reading stats are not the best.
Still with 10 books, I’m happy, especially as I finished two long books,
and I read/listened to some fascinating works.
I only posted four times this past month, and am a bit late on reviews,
but hoping to catch up soon.
📚 Here is what I read in April:
6 in print
= with 1,467 pages, a daily average of 48 pages/day.
4 in audio
= 42H04, a daily average of 1H24 minutes/day
5 in mystery:
- Hag’s Nook (Dr Gideon Fell #1), by John Dickson Carr
- Hide and Geek (Hide and Geek #1), by T.P. Jagger
- The Maltese Falcon, by Dashiel Hammett – audio
- Skin Deep, by Antonia Lassa – for book tour, review live on May 22
- The Light of Day, by Eric Ambler – audio
2 in historical fiction:
- Babel: Or the Necessity of Violence: An Arcane History of The Oxford Translators’ Revolution, by R. F. Kuang (histfic and fantasy) – audio
- Homecoming, by Kate Morton – audio
1 in scifi:
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams – audio
1 in adventure/middlegrade:
- Les Récrés du petit Nicolas (Le petit Nicolas #2), by René Goscinny – read with French student I.
1 in nonfiction:
- L’Arabe du futur #2 : Une jeunesse au Moyen-Orient, 1984-1985, by Riad Sattouf – read with French student F.
MY FAVORITE BOOKS THIS PAST MONTH
READING CHALLENGES & RECAP
Classics Club 4th list: 47/150 (from September 2022-until September 2027)
Japanese Literature Challenge: 15 books
Total of books read in 2023 = 56/120 (47%, 17 books ahead)
Number of books added to my TBR this past month = 26
OTHER BOOK REVIEWED THIS PAST MONTH
MOST POPULAR BOOK REVIEW THIS PAST MONTH
click on the cover to access my unhappy review
MOST POPULAR POST THIS PAST MONTH
– NON BOOK REVIEW –
BOOK BLOG THAT BROUGHT ME MOST TRAFFIC THIS PAST MONTH
Stuck in a Book
please go visit, there are a lot of good things there!
Marianne at Let’s Read
Deb at Readerbuzz
Davida at The Chocolate Lady’s Book Review Blog
please go and visit them,
they have great blogs
over 5,110 followers
over 280,050 hits
📚 📚 📚
Come back tomorrow to see
my exciting reading plans for May!
How was YOUR month of April?
Nicole at Feed Your Fiction Addiction
is hosting a Month In Review meme
where you can link your monthly recap posts