BOUT OF BOOKS 31
and Day 7 recap
Click on the logo to join the fun!
The Bout of Books readathon is organized
by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple.
It’s a weeklong readathon that begins Monday, May 10
and runs through Sunday, May 16 in YOUR time zone.
Bout of Books is low-pressure.
There are reading sprints, Twitter chats,
and exclusive Instagram challenges,
but they’re all completely optional
For Bout of Books 31 information and updates,
visit the Bout of Books blog.
From the Bout of Books team
This past week didn’t have great surprises, so I was able to take good chunks of reading time every evening after dinner, including during the weekend, which is unusual for me.
I ended up reading 827 pages (I include here the equivalent in pages from books I listened to, and I had cleaning projects and various house chores around the house, so I had a lot of listening time), which is an average of 118 pages/day (my goal was 75 pages/day).
That’s more 302 more pages than my goal.
So obviously, I will raise my goal next time for Bout of Books 32 (August 16-22).
Plus I finished 6 books (1 print, 1 ebook, and 4 audiobooks), so I am very happy with that.
I didn’t participate in the reading-in-place, which distract me too much.
And I only did one Instagram challenge, not being very inspired by the others.
Here is what I read on DAY 7:
- People Like them = 112 pages = FINISHED
- Project Hail Mary = 66 pages
Total for Day 7: 178 pages
TOTAL so far: 827/525 pages
Here is what I read on DAY 6:
- L’Archipel d’une autre vie = 72 pages = FINISHED
- People Like them = 37 pages
- Project Hail Mary = 3 pages
Total for Day 6: 112 pages
TOTAL so far: 649/525 pages
Here is what I read on DAY 5:
- Audiobook: Sad Cypress = 2 Hours 4 minutes = 114 pages
- People Like them = 28 pages
Total for Day 5: 142 pages
TOTAL so far: 537/525 pages
Here is what I read on DAY 4:
- Project Hail Mary = 23 pages
- Audiobook: The Book of Isaiah = 2 hours = 29 pages = FINISHED
- Audiobook: Sad Cypress = 50 minutes = 43 pages
Total for Day 4: 95 pages
TOTAL so far: 395/525 pages
Here is what I read on DAY 3:
- La Disparition = 14 pages
- Cinq cartes brûlées = 49 pages
- Project Hail Mary = 19 pages
- Audiobook: The Book of Isaiah = 29 minutes = 7 pages
Total for Day 3: 89 pages
TOTAL so far: 300/525 pages
Here is what I read on DAY 2:
- The Andromeda Strain = 85 pages
- La Disparition = 9 pages
Total for Day 2: 94 pages
TOTAL so far: 211/525 pages
Here is what I read on DAY 1:
- The Andromeda Strain = 52 pages
- Audiobook: The Regatta Mystery and Other Stories
= 52 minutes = 32 pages = FINISHED
- Audiobook: The Book of Zechariah = 33 minutes = 13 pages = FINISHED
- Audiobook: The Book of Malachi = 10 minutes = 4 pages = FINISHED
- Audiobook: The Book of Isaiah = 1H05 = 16 pages
Total for Day 1: 117 pages
TOTAL so far: 117/525 pages
📚 I did the Instagram challenge
Like for Bout of Books 31, I’m setting my goal at 525 pages, that is, 75 pages per day.
Here are the books I plan to read from. Some I’m currently reading.
A whole bunch, as 3 of them are buddy-reads, so I only read a set number of pages per week.
- The Andromeda Strain, by Michael Crichton
- La Disparition, by Georges Perec
- People Like them, by Samira Sedira = FINISHED
- Cinq cartes brûlées, by Sophie Loubière
- Project Hail Mary, by Andy Weir
- L’Archipel d’une autre vie, by Andreï Makine = FINISHED
- Audiobook: The Regatta Mystery and Other Stories by Agatha Christie
- Audiobook: The Book of Zechariah (Bible) = FINISHED
- Audiobook: The Book of Malachi = FINISHED
- Audiobook: The Book of Isaiah = FINISHED
- Audiobook: Sad Cypress, by Agatha Christie
No daily challenges will be hosted on our blog. Instead, we’ll have reading-in-place times!
Reading-in-place times, or reading sprints, happen daily on Twitter. If you don’t have Twitter, make note of these times and report your reading progress on your platform of choice.
There may be events also on Discord
All reading-in-place times last 30 minutes.
Daily Reading-in-Place Times
📚 10 a.m Eastern | 7 a.m. Pacific
📚 4 p.m. Eastern | 1 p.m. Pacific
📚 10:30 p.m. Eastern | 7:30 p.m. Pacific
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion
Monday: 9 p.m. Eastern | 6 p.m. Pacific
Saturday: 11 a.m. Eastern | 8 a.m. Pacific
Click on the logo to sign up