OCTOBER 2022 WRAP-UP
What? Already at the door of November? Can we slow down please?
Well, the good thing with November, is there are lots of fun book blogging events. I’ll talk to you more about this tomorrow.
For now, let’s focus on October. Talking about blogging events, I joined the team of coordinators for the weekly meme Mailbox Monday, as Velvet of Vvb32reads decided to step down.
So the dynamic trio is now Martha of Reviews by Martha’s Bookshelf, Serena of Savvy Verse & Wit, and myself.
In case you don’t know yet, “Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week.” For sure it can be dangerous for your TBR, but it’s also a great chance to discover blogs you may not have heard about, and have your own blog discovered by others!
I took some time of silent retreat at the beginning of October, and somehow, it got heard to go back to lots of blogging after that. Plus my teaching schedule is more dense these weeks. So I haven’t posted much, BUT I have kept up the reading, with some fabulous discoveries.
I read and listened to a satisfying number of books this month.
And I am only 6 books away form reaching my 2022 goal of 120 books.
It was fun participating in The 1929 Club – I read three books for that.
📚 Here is what I read in October:
8 in print
= with 1,606 pages, a daily average of 51 pages/day
5 in audio
= 38H32, a daily average of 1H14/ day
6 in mystery:
- The Roman Hat Mystery (Ellery Queen Detective #1), by Ellery Queen – audio
- Maigret (Maigret #19), by Georges Simenon
- The 39 Steps, by John Buchan – audio
- NOA (9 #3), by Marc Levy – French audio
- The Piccadilly Murder, by Anthony Berkeley
- The Leathenworth Case (Mr Gryce #1), by Anna Katharine Green – audio
4 in nonfiction:
- Beginning to Pray, by Anthony Bloom
- Absolutely on Music, by Haruki Murakami and Seiji Osawa
- Cliffs Notes on The Sound and the Fury, by James Roberts
- Revenge of the Librarians, by Tom Gauld – cartoons
2 in literary fiction:
- Paris-Briançon, by Philippe Besson – French audio
- The Sound and the Fury, by William Faulkner
1 in poetry:
- Selected Poems, by Rainer Maria Rilke
MY FAVORITE BOOKS THIS PAST MONTH
READING CHALLENGES & RECAP
Classics Club: 14/150 (from September 2022-until September 2027)
Japanese Literature Challenge: 9/12 books – During the year: 14
2022 TBR Pile Reading Challenge: 10/12 books
2022 books in translation reading challenge: 24/10+
NO OTHER BOOK REVIEWED THIS PAST MONTH
BOOKS RECEIVED FOR REVIEW
MOST POPULAR BOOK REVIEW THIS PAST MONTH
click on the cover to access my review
MOST POPULAR POST THIS PAST MONTH
– NON BOOK REVIEW –
BOOK BLOG THAT BROUGHT ME MOST TRAFFIC THIS PAST MONTH
Stuck in a Book
please go visit, there are a lot of good things there!
over 5,190 followers
over 262,860 hits
📚 📚 📚
Come back tomorrow to see the titles I’ll be reading in November
How was YOUR month of October?
Nicole at Feed Your Fiction Addiction
has created a Month In Review meme
where you can link your monthly recap posts