BOUT OF BOOKS 35:
Day 5 recap
This is my 21st participation
Click on the logo to join the fun!
The Bout of Books readathon is organized
by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple.
It’s a weeklong readathon that begins Monday, August 15
and runs through Sunday, August 21 in YOUR time zone.
Bout of Books is low-pressure.
There are reading sprints, Twitter chats,
and exclusive Instagram challenges,
but they’re all completely optional
For Bout of Books 35 information and updates,
visit the Bout of Books blog.
From the Bout of Books team
Here is what I read on DAY 5:
- Human Nature, by Serge Joncour = 37 pages
- The Daughter of Time, by Josephine Tey = 22 pages
Total for Day 5: 59 pages
TOTAL so far: 518/525 pages
As expected, I didn’t read much yesterday: I had a big Church event, so no real time to do much around the house (so no audio time).
And then in the evening, at the usual time I do my reading, we had our book club meeting.
I need to finish Human Nature today, and write my review due on Monday!
Here is what I read on DAY 4:
- De la Terre à la lune, by Jules Verne = 72 pages
- The Daughter of Time, by Josephine Tey = 10 pages
- Audiobook: It Can’t Happen Here, by Sinclair Lewis = 1H50 = 48 pages
Total for Day 4: 130 pages
TOTAL so far: 459/525 pages
Nice reading time. It will be much less today, as I have book club tonight.
Here is what I read on DAY 3:
- De la Terre à la lune, by Jules Verne = 15 pages
- Audiobook: It Can’t Happen Here, by Sinclair Lewis = 2H11 = 60 pages
Total for Day 3: 75 pages
TOTAL so far: 329/525 pages
As expected, with Church activity yesterday night, I didn’t have much time for reading. But I had lots of things to do around the house, so that gave me a good amount of audio time.
Here is what I read on DAY 2:
- Human Nature, by Serge Joncour = 71 pages
- De la Terre à la lune, by Jules Verne = 11 pages
- Audiobook: Jamaica Inn, by Daphne du Maurier = 1H07 = 35 pages – FINISHED
Total for Day 2: 117 pages
TOTAL so far: 254/525 pages
I managed to finish my first audiobook of BoB, and I even wrote a few words on it – click on the link to read.
Here is what I read on DAY 1:
- Ensemble, c’est tout, by Anna Gavalda = 69 pages
- The Daughter of Time, by Josephine Tey = 16 pages
- Audiobook: Jamaica Inn, by Daphne du Maurier = 1H50 = 52 pages
Total for Day 1: 137 pages
TOTAL so far: 137/525 pages
I am very happy with day 1.
I have church activity Wednesday night and book club Friday night, at the times I usually read, so trying to use best the other days of this week.
I will NOT do the Instagram challenges, as part of my implementation of reducing digital use, after my eye-opening reading of Digital Hell: The Inner Workings of a “Like”.
My goal as 75 pages/day, that is, a total of 525 pages.
Here are the books I plan to read from. Some I am currently reading.
- Human Nature, by Serge Joncour
- Ensemble, c’est tout, by Anna Gavalda
- De la Terre à la lune, by Jules Verne
- The Daughter of Time, by Josephine Tey
- Eventide, by Kent Haruf
- Audiobook: Jamaica Inn, by Daphne du Maurier – FINISHED
- Audiobook: It Can’t Happen Here, by Sinclair Lewis
Reading-in-place times, or reading sprints, happen daily on Twitter*. If you don’t have Twitter, make note of these times and report your reading progress on your platform of choice.
All reading-in-place times last 30 minutes.
Daily Reading-in-Place Times
📚 10 a.m. Eastern | 7 a.m. Pacific
📚 2 p.m. Eastern | 11 a.m. Pacific
📚 6 p.m. Eastern | 3 p.m. Pacific
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion
Monday: 9 p.m. Eastern | 6 p.m. Pacific
Saturday: 11 a.m. Eastern | 8 a.m. Pacific
Click on the logo to sign up
Hang in there! You’re really doing great!