Click on the banner to join this reading challenge
I love literature in translation, and read 52 books for this challenge in 2021, so this is not really a challenge. I’m joining more for the social aspect and connecting with other readers of world literature.
So am shooting for the Linguist Level = 10+, the highest level.
I will be updating the list here as I go along.
I start the year with the Japanese Literature Challenge, so by the end of March, I should already have read 12 books in translation.
The links will send you to my review
- Red is my Heart, by Antoine Laurain (tr. from the French by Jane Aitken)
- The Three-Body Problem, by Cixin Liu (tr. from the Chinese by Ken Liu)
- The Wild Geese, by Ogai Mori (tr. from the Japanese by Sanford Goldstein & Kingo Ochiai
- How Do You Live?, by Yoshino Genzaburo (tr. from the Japanese by Bruno Navasky)
- Dōjōji, by Yukio Mishima (tr. from Japanese into French by Dominique Aury)
TOTAL = 5
Recap of languages translated from:
Japanese : 3