BOUT OF BOOKS 33
Click on the logo to join the fun!
The Bout of Books readathon is organized
by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple.
It’s a weeklong readathon that begins Monday, January 3rd
and runs through Sunday, January 9 in YOUR time zone.
Bout of Books is low-pressure.
There are reading sprints, Twitter chats,
and exclusive Instagram challenges,
but they’re all completely optional
For Bout of Books 33 information and updates,
visit the Bout of Books blog.
From the Bout of Books team
The January Bout of Books is definitely a challenge for me, as I’m having my Orthodox Christmas right in it (on January 7), so with more time spent in Church, so less time for evening reads.
So I’ll set my goal as 65 pages /day, that is, a total of 455 pages only.
Here are the books I plan to read from. Some I am currently reading
- The Three-Body Problem, by Cixin Liu (library winter challenge)
- Red is my Heart, by Antoine Laurain
- Dictionnaire amoureux du polar, by Pierre Lemaitre
- Wabi Sabi, by Beth Kempton
- Agatha Christie’s Poirot, by Mark Aldrideg
- A Brush With Birds, by Richard Weatherly
- Œuvres complètes de Paul Valéry, volume 1
- Les Chemins du cœur, by Placide Deseille
- The Wild Geese, by Ogai Mori (Japanese Literature Challenge)
- Audiobook: Gravé dans le sable, by Michel Bussi
Reading-in-place times, or reading sprints, happen daily on Twitter*. If you don’t have Twitter, make note of these times and report your reading progress on your platform of choice.
All reading-in-place times last 30 minutes.
Daily Reading-in-Place Times
📚 10 a.m. Eastern | 7 a.m. Pacific
📚 2 p.m. Eastern | 11 a.m. Pacific
📚 6 p.m. Eastern | 3 p.m. Pacific
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion
Monday: 9 p.m. Eastern | 6 p.m. Pacific
Saturday: 11 a.m. Eastern | 8 a.m. Pacific
Click on the logo to sign up