BOUT OF BOOKS 32
DAY 1 RECAP
Click on the logo to join the fun!
The Bout of Books readathon is organized
by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple.
It’s a weeklong readathon that begins Monday, August 16th
and runs through Sunday, August 22nd in YOUR time zone.
Bout of Books is low-pressure.
There are reading sprints, Twitter chats,
and exclusive Instagram challenges,
but they’re all completely optional
For Bout of Books 32 information and updates,
visit the Bout of Books blog.
From the Bout of Books team
Here is what I read on DAY 1:
- Midaq Alley, by Naguib Mahfouz = 80 pages
- Un trou dans la toile, by Luc Chomarat = 18 pages
- Audiobook: Three Blind Mice and Other Stories, by Agatha Christie =1H18 minutes = 47 pages
Total for Day 1: 145 pages
TOTAL so far: 145/840
Very happy with this first day
📚 I did the Instagram challenge
Based on my results for Bout of Books 31, I’m raising the bar to much higher than usual, setting my goal at 840 pages, that is, 120 pages per day.
Here are the books I plan to read from. Some I am currently reading
- Midaq Alley, by Naguib Mahfouz
- The Village of Eight Graves, by Seishi Yokomizo
(reading it in its French translation actually, with one of my students)
- Bomber’s Moon (Joe Gunther #30), by Archer Mayor
- Un trou dans la toile, by Luc Chomarat
- Tension extrême, by Sylvain Forge
- Audiobook: Three Blind Mice and Other Stories, by Agatha Christie
- Audiobook: The Under Dog and Other Stories (Hercule Poirot #29), by Agatha Christie
I’m planning on doing some Instagram daily challenges.
No reading-in-place, which disrupts my reading. Nor Twitter chats: I have done it many times, and it’s usually the same questions.
For Bout of Books 32, no daily challenges will be hosted on the official blog. Instead, we’ll have reading-in-place times!
Reading-in-place times, or reading sprints, happen daily on Twitter*. If you don’t have Twitter, make note of these times and report your reading progress on your platform of choice.
All reading-in-place times last 30 minutes.
Daily Reading-in-Place Times
📚 10 a.m. Eastern | 7 a.m. Pacific
📚 2 p.m. Eastern | 11 a.m. Pacific
📚 6 p.m. Eastern | 3 p.m. Pacific
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion
Monday: 9 p.m. Eastern | 6 p.m. Pacific
Saturday: 11 a.m. Eastern | 8 a.m. Pacific