Why this new reading adventure?
In a comment, Marianne (at Let’s Read) recently told me she had never read The Satanic Verses but was interested in doing so.
As I have so much enjoyed three experiences of buddy-reading, I knew it was time to launch into another one!
So Marianne and I will be reading The Satanic Verses in November 2021.
Let us know if you would like to join us.
Each week, we’ll have a set number of pages to read. We will take turn in creating questions, and posting our answers to them.
You can join us either by posting your answers in a comment or on your blog, or in taking turn posting questions as well.
We will have a total of 5 posts, so it would actually be really nice to have 5 active participants, each one of us creating one set of questions.
Please come this way to read Marianne’s announcement. It has a synopsis of the book.
Edited on 11/06:
Details on what to read every week – very manageable
So far, only Marianne and I have agreed on co-hosting on our blogs. It’s not too late if you want to create a series of questions for one of the following posts:
- November 1st: introductory post at Words And Peace
- Between November 8-12: questions + answers on the first 23% of the book (up to end of PART II. Stop before “Ellowen Deeowen”) at Let’s Read
- Between Nov 15-19: questions + answers on the second quarter of the book (stop before V. A City Visible but Unseen), at Words And Peace
- Between Nov 22-26: questions + answers on the third quarter of the book (stop before VI. Return to Jahilia) at Let’s Read
- Between Nov 29-December 3: last quarter of the book and conclusion questions at Words And Peace
HAVE YOU READ THIS BOOK?
ACCORDING TO YOU,
IS IT A GOOD REPRESENTATIVE OF MAGICAL REALISM?