May 2021 WRAP-UP
Another busy month, that didn’t leave me much time for blogging.
Besides books waiting for reviews, I miss not having time to do Sunday Posts and/or Top Ten Tuesday posts.
Hopefully, life will quiet down a bit.
Weeks go by so quickly. It feels like we had snow yesterday, yet we are already eating produce from our garden (lettuce, spinach, and kale and rhubarb that grow back every year).
I was also super busy with an international webinar I organized for France Book Tours: “French artists in fiction: four lives, four authors”. About 70 people signed up, from 7 countries. If you missed it, you can watch the video I made from it, with excerpts read by the authors added. It was fascinating, but a lot of work before and after.
In June-July-August, I will be working on my #20BooksofSummer21.
I am also in the process of streamlining all my Categories and Tags.
And of transitioning France Book Tours to another theme, and other forms of marketing!
As I said above, not much happening on the blog this past month, but I did read a good deal.
📚 Here is what I read in May:
6 in print
= with 1,685 pages, a daily average of 54 pages/day
7 in audio
= 24H17, a daily average of 47 minutes
4 in nonfiction:
- The Book of Zechariah
- The Book of Malachi
- The Book of Isaiah
- The Book of Jeremiah – these 4 books were as audiobooks, for The Classics Club and the Books in Translation Challenge
4 in mystery:
- The Regatta Mystery and Other Stories (Hercule Poirot #21), by Agatha Christie
- Sad Cypress (Hercule Poirot #22), by Agatha Christie
- One, Two, Buckle my Shoe (Hercule Poirot #23), by Agatha Christie – these first 3 were as audiobooks, for The Classics Club
- People Like Them, by Samira Sedira – received for review for Criminal Element
3 in historical fiction:
- Monet & Oscar, by Joe Byrd – received for review for France Book Tours
- The Archipelago of Another Life / L’Archipel d’une autre vie, by Andreï Makine
- Flight of the Raven, by Jean-Pierre Gibrat – graphic novel
2 in science-fiction:
- The Andromeda Strain, by Michael Crichton – for The Classics Club
- Project Hail Mary, by Andy Weir – received for review through Netgalley
MY FAVORITE BOOKS THIS PAST MONTH
READING CHALLENGES & RECAP
NO OTHER BOOK REVIEWED THIS PAST MONTH
REVIEW COPIES AVAILABLE
MOST POPULAR BOOK REVIEW THIS PAST MONTH
click on the cover to access my review
MOST POPULAR POST THIS PAST MONTH
– NON BOOK REVIEW –
BOOK BLOG THAT BROUGHT ME MOST TRAFFIC THIS PAST MONTH
Julie Anna’s Books
please go visit, there are a lot of good things there!
over 5,470 followers
over 221,800 hits
Come back tomorrow
to see the books I plan to read in June
📚 📚 📚
How was YOUR month of May?
Nicole at Feed Your Fiction Addiction
has created a Month In Review meme
where you can link your monthly recap posts