BOUT OF BOOKS 31
Click on the logo to join the fun!
The Bout of Books readathon is organized
by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple.
It’s a weeklong readathon that begins Monday, May 10
and runs through Sunday, May 16 in YOUR time zone.
Bout of Books is low-pressure.
There are reading sprints, Twitter chats,
and exclusive Instagram challenges,
but they’re all completely optional
For Bout of Books 31 information and updates,
visit the Bout of Books blog.
From the Bout of Books team
Here is what I read on DAY 1:
- The Andromeda Strain = 52 pages
- Audiobook: The Regatta Mystery and Other Stories
= 52 minutes = 32 pages = FINISHED
- Audiobook: The Book of Zechariah = 33 minutes = 13 pages = FINISHED
- Audiobook: The Book of Malachi = 10 minutes = 4 pages = FINISHED
- Audiobook: The Book of Isaiah = 1H05 = 16 pages
Total for Day 1: 117 pages
TOTAL so far: 117/525
📚 I did the Instagram challenge
Like for Bout of Books 31, I’m setting my goal at 525 pages, that is, 75 pages per day.
Here are the books I plan to read from. Some I’m currently reading.
- The Andromeda Strain, by Michael Crichton
- La Disparition, by Georges Perec
- People Like them, by Samira Sedira
- Psalm 118: Commentary by Theophan the Recluse
- Audiobook: The Regatta Mystery and Other Stories by Agatha Christie
- Audiobook: The Book of Zechariah (Bible) = FINISHED
- Audiobook: The Book of Malachi = FINISHED
- Audiobook: The Book of Isaiah
No daily challenges will be hosted on our blog. Instead, we’ll have reading-in-place times!
Reading-in-place times, or reading sprints, happen daily on Twitter. If you don’t have Twitter, make note of these times and report your reading progress on your platform of choice.
There may be events also on Discord
All reading-in-place times last 30 minutes.
Daily Reading-in-Place Times
📚 10 a.m Eastern | 7 a.m. Pacific
📚 4 p.m. Eastern | 1 p.m. Pacific
📚 10:30 p.m. Eastern | 7:30 p.m. Pacific
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion
Monday: 9 p.m. Eastern | 6 p.m. Pacific
Saturday: 11 a.m. Eastern | 8 a.m. Pacific
Click on the logo to sign up