BOUT OF BOOKS 30
Day 5 recap
This is my 17th participation in #boutofbooks
The Bout of Books readathon is organized
by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple.
It’s a weeklong readathon that begins Monday, January 4th
and runs through Sunday, January 10th in YOUR time zone.
Bout of Books is low-pressure.
There are reading sprints, Twitter chats,
and exclusive Instagram challenges,
but they’re all completely optional
For Bout of Books 30 information and updates,
visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
Here is what I read on DAY 5:
This week wasn’t as planned, lol, I guess that’s life. I read a bit more today, just barely above the average I had as daily goal
- The Romanov Sisters = 38 pages
- Les grands cerfs = 11 pages
- Audiobook: C’est arrivé la nuit = 29
Total for Day 5: 78 pages
TOTAL so far: 251/525
Here is what I read on DAY 4:
I forgot that the first Bout of Books of the year is always difficult, because it’s the week I celebrate my own Christmas (Christian Orthodox Nativity, on January 7), so more Church time, and less reading.
- The Romanov Sisters = 29 pages
Total for Day 4: 29 pages
TOTAL so far: 173 /525
Here is what I read on DAY 3:
Another unusual day, so little reading done
- Audiobook: The Book of Psalms = 1H16 = 27 pages – FINISHED
- The Romanov Sisters = 18 pages
Total for Day 3: 45 pages
TOTAL so far: 164 /525
Here is what I read on DAY 2:
Well, unexpected eye doctor visit, so afterwards I couldn’t really read. So instead I only listened to my current audiobook for an hour.
- Audiobook: The Book of Psalms = 1H = 23 pages
Total for Day 2: 23 pages
TOTAL so far: 119/525
Here is what I read on DAY 1:
- Gaspard = 23 pages – FINISHED
- The Romanov Sisters:= 22 pages
- Les grands cerfs = 15 pages
- Audiobook: The Book of Psalms = 1H54 = 36 pages
Total for Day 1: 96 pages
TOTAL so far: 96/525
📚 I did the 9:30 p.m. reading-in-place
And the Instagram challenge
I’m setting my goal at 525 pages, that is, 75 pages per day.
Here are the books I plan to read from. Some I’m currently reading.
- The Romanov Sisters: The Lost Lives of the Daughters of Nicholas and Alexandra (The Romanov Sisters #2), by Helen Rappaport
- Gaspard, a short story sent by a friend for review – FINISHED
- Les Grands Cerfs, by Claudie Hunzinger
- Psalm 118: Commentary by Theophan the Recluse
- Audiobook: The Book of Psalms (Bible) – FINISHED
- Audiobook: C’est arrivé la nuit, by Marc Levy
For Bout of Books 29, no daily challenges will be hosted on our blog. Instead, we’ll have reading-in-place times!
Reading-in-place times, or reading sprints, happen daily on Twitter. If you don’t have Twitter, make note of these times and report your reading progress on your platform of choice.
All reading-in-place times last 30 minutes.
Daily Reading-in-Place Times
📚 10 a.m Eastern | 7 a.m. Pacific
📚 4 p.m. Eastern | 1 p.m. Pacific
📚 10:30 p.m. Eastern | 7:30 p.m. Pacific
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion
Monday: 8pm CST (TZC)
Saturday: 10am CST (TZC)
Click on the logo to sign up
I’m glad you were able to read more yesterday.
Thanks Judy. How is your reading going this week?
I have just started The Romanov Sisters too.
Nice! Though this is such a sad story. I’m now in 1917, less than 100 pages to go, and dreading the last pages, as I know too well how it all ended. But the book itself is excellent