Thanks to DolceBelleza (@bellezzamjs) who has been organizing this challenge for many years! This is my 6th participation.
Click on the logo to read more about it, and here to see reviews of books read.
The Challenge runs January-March 2021. I’m going to try to read 3 books each month, so that’s a total of 9 books.
📚 📚 📚
Here is my TBR for this event (my recap will be updated at the end of this post):
📚 Books on my physical shelf:
1. The Sound of Waves (1954), by Yukio Mishima (trans. by Meredith Weatherby)
2. N.P. (1990), by Banana Yoshimoto (trans. by Ann Sherif)
3. Some Prefer Nettles (1928), by Junichirō Tanizaki (trans. by Edward G. Seidensticker)
📚 For my Classics Club list (besides # 1 and 3 above):
4. Kusamakura (1906), by Natsume Sōseki (trans. by Meredith Weatherby)
5. To the Spring Equinox and Beyond (1910), by Natsume Sōseki (trans. by Kingo Ochiai Sanford M. Goldstein)
6. The Miner (1908), by Natsume Sōseki (trans. by Jay Rubin)
7. Devils in Daylight (1918), by Junichirō Tanizaki (trans. by J. Keith Vincent)
8. In Praise of Shadows (1933), by Jun’ichirō Tanizaki, Edward G. Seidensticker , Thomas J. Harper ,
9. A Cat, a Man, and Two Women (1936), by Junichirō Tanizaki (trans. by Paul McCarthy)
📚 📚 📚
RECAP FOR MARCH 31
So here are the books I managed to read:
1. The Sound of Waves (1954), by Yukio Mishima (trans. by Meredith Weatherby),
finished on 1/16/21
CLICK ON THE BEAUTIFUL LOGO TO JOIN!
WHICH OTHER BOOKS WOULD YOU ENCOURAGE ME
TO READ FOR THIS CHALLENGE?