BOUT OF BOOKS 29
Day 2 recap
This is my 16th participation in #boutofbooks
Click on the logo to join the fun!
The Bout of Books readathon is organized
by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple.
It’s a weeklong readathon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 17th
and runs through Sunday, August 23rd in YOUR time zone.
Bout of Books is low-pressure.
All reading-in-place times, Twitter chats,
and exclusive Instagram challenges a
re completely optional.
For Bout of Books 29 information and updates,
visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
Here is what I read on DAY 2:
- Le livre de Perle, by Timothée de Fombelle = 60 pages
- L’énigme de la chambre 622, by Joël Dicker = 17 pages
- Audiobook: The Big Four, by Agatha Christie = 18 pages – FINISHED
- Audiobook: Pandemia, by Franck Thilliez = 4 pages
Total for Day 2: 99 pages
TOTAL so far: 303/525
I caught up with the pages I needed to read for my read along with a student on Le Livre de Perle, so I started reading L’énigme de la chambre 622, for a French read-along on Discord – we read and comment in French. Let me know if you are interested.
📚 For the 9:30 p.m. Central reading-in-place, I read 30 pages.
I also did the Instagram challenge, featuring a beautiful book cover.
Here is what I read on DAY 1:
- Le livre de Perle, by Timothée de Fombelle = 63 pages
- Audiobook: The Big Four, by Agatha Christie = 141 pages
Total for Day 1: 204 pages
TOTAL so far: 204/525
I had a lot of house chores to do today: wash, gardening, cooking, dishes, so ended up with almost 3 hours of audiobook listening!
📚 For the 9:30 p.m. Central reading-in-place, I read 27 pages.
Not many, because I take notes to help for reviews.
I didn’t participate in the Twitter Chat, but I already met interesting readers through the #boutofbooks hashtag
I also did the Instagram challenge
I’m setting my goal at 525 pages, that is, 75 pages per day.
Here are the books I plan to read from. Some I’m currently reading.
- Killer, Come Back to Me: The Crime Stories of Ray Bradbury
- Le livre de Perle, by Timothée de Fombelle
- L’énigme de la chambre 622, by Joël Dicker
- Vesper Flights, by Helen Macdonald
- Psalm 118: Commentary by Theophan the Recluse
- Audiobook: The Big Four, by Agatha Christie FINISHED
- Audiobook: Pandemia, by Franck Thilliez
For Bout of Books 29, no daily challenges will be hosted on our blog. Instead, we’ll have reading-in-place times!
Reading-in-place times, or reading sprints, happen daily on Twitter. If you don’t have Twitter, make note of these times and report your reading progress on your platform of choice.
All reading-in-place times last 30 minutes.
Daily Reading-in-Place Times
📚 10 a.m Eastern | 7 a.m. Pacific
📚 4 p.m. Eastern | 1 p.m. Pacific
📚 10:30 p.m. Eastern | 7:30 p.m. Pacific
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion
Monday: 9 p.m. Eastern | 6 p.m. Pacific
Saturday: 11 a.m. Eastern | 8 a.m. Pacific
Click on the logo to sign up