BOUT OF BOOKS 28
Day 1 recap
NB: This is my 15th participation in #boutofbooks
Click on the logo to join the fun!
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized
by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple.
It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 11th
and runs through Sunday, May 17th in whatever time zone you are in.
Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, Twitter chats, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional.
For all Bout of Books 28 information and updates,
be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
Here is what I read on DAY 1:
- Lessons from Walden, by Bob Pepperman Taylor= 7 pages
- The Mirror and the Light, by Hilary Mantel = 41 pages
- Audiobook: The Book of Deuteronomy = 29 pages FINISHED
Total for Day 1: 77 pages
TOTAL so far: 77/525
Phew, 2 pages above my goal! Although I didn’t have the feeling of reading a lot.
I also did 2 challenges:
And I managed to write a review for
I’m setting my goal at 525 pages, that is, 75 pages per day.
I will try to organize a giveaway!
Here are the books I plan to read (from).
- Wind/Pinball, by Haruki Murakami
- Lessons from Walden, by Bob Pepperman Taylor
- Au Soleil redouté, by Michel Bussi
- The Mirror and the Light, by Hilary Mantel
- A Hundred Million Years and a Day, by Jean-Baptiste Andrea
- Psalm 118: A Commentary by Saint Theophan the Recluse
- Audiobook: The Book of Deuteronomy FINISHED
- Audiobook: The Mysterious Affair at Styles
REST OF THE SCHEDULE
**This is the overall list for the challenges offered during Bout of Books 28. Make sure you check the blog each day of the read-a-thon for instructions and details on how to complete the daily challenges**
If This, Then That
Book to Movie
Share Your Favorites
Leave a Review
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion
Saturday: 10am CST (TZC)
Click on the logo to sign up