OCTOBER 2019 WRAP-UP
📚 Another great month of reading, with a lot of nonfiction. Of course, November is nonfiction month, not October. Oh well…
So here is what I read in October:
11 in print
= with 2,204 pages, an average of 71 pages/day
3 in audio
= 20H34, an average of 39 minutes
7 in nonfiction:
- Oh, the Meetings You’ll Go To!: A Parody, by Dr Suits – graphic “novel”
- Elder Leonid of Optina, by Fr Clement Sederholm – Eastern Orthodoxy
- Secret Agent Brainteasers: More Than 100 Codebreaking Puzzles Inspired by Britain’s Espionage Masterminds, by Sinclair McKay – ebook, for review
- Alexander Schmorell: Saint of the German Resistance
by Elena Perekrestov – Eastern Orthodoxy
- Travels with a Donkey in the Cévennes, by Robert Louis Stevenson – audio, for The Classics Club
- The Parables: Biblical, Patristic, and Liturgical Interpretation, by Dmitri Royster – Eastern Orthodoxy
- A Monk’s Guide to a Clean House and Mind, by Shoukei Matsumoto
2 in mystery:
- Solving Cadence Moore, by Gregory Sterner, for review
- Avalanche hôtel, by Niko Tackian- French audiobook
2 in manga:
- My Neighbor Totoro, vol. 3 by Hayao Miyazaki
- My Neighbor Totoro, vol. 4 by Hayao Miyazaki
1 in literary fiction:
- Tender is the Night, by F. Scott Fitzgerald – audio, for The Classics Club
1 in science-fiction:
- Supernova Era, by Liu Cixin – for review
1 in historical fiction:
- On the Edge of the World, by Nikolai Leskov – ebook, for The Classics Club
MY FAVORITES IN OCTOBER
READING CHALLENGES & RECAP
Classics Club: 4/50 (until September 2024)
2019 Calendar of Crime Challenge 15/12?
Where Are You Reading?: 21/50 – to be finished in ??
Total of books read in 2019 = 98/100
Number of books added to my TBR this past month= 20
BOOKS I REVIEWED THIS MONTH
The open giveaways are on my homepage
MOST POPULAR BOOK REVIEW THIS PAST MONTH
click on the cover to access my review
MOST POPULAR POST THIS PAST MONTH
– NON BOOK REVIEW –
BOOK BLOG THAT BROUGHT ME MOST TRAFFIC THIS PAST MONTH
please go visit
TOP COMMENTERS OF THE MONTH
Judy at Keep the Wisdom
Karen at Booker Talk
Silvia at Silvia Cachia
over 4,965 subscribers
over 185,050 hits
Come back on Monday
to see the books I plan to read in November.
How was YOUR month of October?
Nicole at Feed Your Fiction Addiction
has created a Month In Review meme
where you can link your monthly recap posts
I read 14 books too! I am so happy to know that you loved Supernova Era.
Here is my list: http://keepthewisdom.blogspot.com/2019/11/books-read-in-october.html
are you planning to read it too?
What a great month! And I love Rebecca. Such a beautiful book.
My Wrap-up: http://abookwanderer.com/october-2019-monthly-wrap-up-book-haul/
Yes, an amazing book!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Wow 7 nonfiction books in a month is great. I usually read fewer books when I read nonfiction. See my October wrap up
I took a week of silent retreat, and I read 2 spiritual nonfiction books during that time!
Fourteen books is awesome! Supernova Era was a favorite on another blog too so I must add this to my list. I’ve been receiving nonfiction books for review more and more and have been enjoying the content. The last one I read discussed the background of song/hymn writers and the Biblical ties to each piece.
Oh, what’s the title of this book? I’m Orthodox Christian, and this sounds really good
Here’s the Goodreads link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/43984679-stories-behind-the-songs-and-hymns-about-heaven
Thank you very much
LikeLiked by 1 person