SEPTEMBER 2019 WRAP-UP
📚 September was a special month: I totally binged on manga, or to be more specific, on a subgenre of manga I guess: Film Comic Adaptation. I forgot now how, but I finally discovered Hayao Miyazaki, and I checked out from my library all the adaptations of his animes I could find – I still have one series to finish.
So don’t be impressed by the number of books and pages I read this month, as 14 were actually manga and graphic novels – I know, that’s ridculous.
📚 More impressive is actually that I finished n 4 years (instead of 5) my first list of 50 classics, and started my 2nd list.
📚 Also, I have started phase 2 of my Goodreads TBR shelf cleaning. And I can use your help! Click on the link for your input.
📚 And if you haven’t seen it yet, come and read the awesome interview with Silvia on Don Quixote!
So here is what I read in September:
17 in print
= with 3,267 pages, an average of 108 pages/day
2 in audio
= 15H24, an average of 30 minutes
14 in manga and graphic nonfiction:
- The Secret World of Arrietty, vol. 2 by Hayao Miyazaki
- Spirited Away,vol. 1 by Hayao Miyazaki
- Spirited Away,vol. 2 by Hayao Miyazaki
- Spirited Away,vol. 3 by Hayao Miyazaki
- Spirited Away, vol. 4 by Hayao Miyazaki
- Spirited Away, vol. 5 by Hayao Miyazaki
- Castle in the Sky, vol. 1 by Hayao Miyazaki
- Castle in the Sky, vol. 2 by Hayao Miyazaki
- Castle in the Sky, vol. 3 by Hayao Miyazaki
- Castle in the Sky, vol. 4 by Hayao Miyazaki
- My Neighbor Totoro, vol. 1 by Hayao Miyazaki
- My Neighbor Totoro, vol. 2 by Hayao Miyazaki
- Book Love, by Debbie Tung
- The American Dream? A Journey on Route 66, by Shing Yin Khor
2 in science fiction:
- Solaris, by Stanislaw Lem – audio, for The Classics Club
- Childhood’s End, by Arthur C. Clarke – audio, for The Classics Club
2 in literary fiction:
- And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer, by Fredrik Backman
- Quichotte, by Salman Rushdie – ebook, for review
1 in mystery:
- Into the Night, by Sarah Bailey
MY FAVORITES IN SEPTEMBER
READING CHALLENGES & RECAP
Classics Club: 1/50 (until September 2024)
2019 Calendar of Crime Challenge 15/12?
Where Are You Reading?: 21/50 – to be finished in ??
Total of books read in 2019 = 84/100
Number of books added to my TBR this past month= 43
BOOKS I REVIEWED THIS MONTH
MOST POPULAR BOOK REVIEW THIS PAST MONTH
click on the cover to access my review
MOST POPULAR POST THIS PAST MONTH
– NON BOOK REVIEW –
BOOK BLOG THAT BROUGHT ME MOST TRAFFIC THIS PAST MONTH
That Artsy Reader Girl
please go visit
TOP COMMENTERS OF THE MONTH
over 4,930 subscribers
over 183,340 hits
Come back on Wednesday
to see the books I plan to read in October.
How was YOUR month of September?
Nicole at Feed Your Fiction Addiction
has created a Month In Review meme
where you can link your monthly recap posts