AUGUST 2019 WRAP-UP
Another super busy reading/book month!
There was the awesome Bout of Books week, which was my 14th participation, and probably my best ever, as far as reading is concerned, with an average of 137 pages/day over a week.
I also FINALLY took time to go through all my reviews and check which ones I had forgotten to list on my Authors’ page recap. I haven’t entered the corrections yet, so be prepared to see one day that number of total reviews actually go much higher, about 70 more!! I usually add a title to that page each time I review a book, but there were some weeks when I totally forgot!
My biggest achievement was to FINALLY finish reading Don Quixote!
I realize I had forgotten to count Book 1 when I finished it in March, so I counted both books here, which makes my average slightly higher than what it should be.
I guess earlier on, I was planning on counting the 2 volumes of Don Quixote as 1 book, and wait for the end to list it. But now that I have read it all, I realize it makes much more sense to count it as 2 different books, as there were 11 years before the publication of volume 2.
I have also caught up a bit with reviews to write,
and I’m slowly but surely cleaning my Goodreads TBR shelf.
I was thrilled to have my review of Louise Penny’s latest book, A Better Man, be a featured review on Criminal Element.
So here is what I read in August:
7 in print
= with 2,179 pages, an average of 70 pages/day
6 in audio
= 41H17, an average of 1H19
= this has to be my best audio time ever. I’m back to painting, that explains, as I like listening to audiobooks as I paint.
The total of books is also my highest of the year so far, even if I counted only 1 for Don Quixote.
7 in mystery:
- Central Park, by Guillaume Musso – French audio
- Goodbye Paris, by Mike Bond – for France Book Tours
- Un appartement à Paris, by Guillaume Musso French audio
- Diary of a Murderer, by Young-Ha Kim – ebook for review
- Le Mystère de la chambre jaune, by Gaston Leroux – audio, for Classics Club
- The Dark Lake, by Sarah Bailey
- Surface, by Olivier Norek – French audio
4 in literary fiction:
- Tales of Old Russia, by Paul Shukin – unpublished short stories by a friend of mine
- The Castle of Otranto, by Horace Walpole – audio, for Classics Club
- and 4. Don Quixote, by Miguel de Cervantes, ebooks for Classics Club
1 in manga/Film comic adaptation:
- The Secret World of Arrietty, vol. 1 by Hayao Miyazaki
1 in nonfiction:
- Dictionnaire des idées reçues, by Gustave Flaubert, French audio for Classics Club
MY FAVORITES IN AUGUST
READING CHALLENGES & RECAP
Classics Club: 49/50 (until end of 2020)
2019 Calendar of Crime Challenge 15/12?
Where Are You Reading?: 21/50 – to be finished in ??
Total of books read in 2019 = 65/100
Number of books added to my TBR this past month= 18
BOOKS I REVIEWED THIS MONTH
I saw another book blogger including here reviews she wrote. As I often review books read months earlier, I think I’ll try.
What do you think? Do you enjoy my list of recent reviews here?
MOST POPULAR BOOK REVIEW THIS PAST MONTH
click on the cover to access my review
MOST POPULAR POST THIS PAST MONTH
– NON BOOK REVIEW –
BOOK BLOG THAT BROUGHT ME MOST TRAFFIC THIS PAST MONTH
iRead Book Tours
please go visit
TOP COMMENTERS OF THE MONTH
over 4,890 subscribers
over 181,410 hits
Come back on Monday
to see the books I plan to read in September,
with a very special announcement,
and a treat coming!
How was YOUR month of August?
Nicole at Feed Your Fiction Addiction
has created a Month In Review meme
where you can link your monthly recap posts