Inspired by book blogger Davida, at The Chocolate Lady’s Book Review Blog, herself inspired by a couple of other bloggers (see here for instance). I plan to post about it on Saturdays, except the 1st Sat of the month, when I usually feature another meme.
The rules are simple:
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf from oldest to new
- Pick the first 5 or 10 (or whatever number you choose, depending on how large your list is) books you see
- Decide whether to keep them or get rid of them.
I’m finally back on this feature, after a few months away from it!
RESULTS FOR PREVIOUS READ OR SKIP
I’ll keep 28, 29, 31, and 32
And Skip: 30, 33, 34, and 35
READ OR SKIP #9
Let’s see what YOU think about these 9 titles today:
- I have read lots of similar books
- BUT it’s by a great author
- I enjoy Hungarian lit
- I’m intrigued by the theme of language and words
34) Beside the Sea
- A popular French author I haven’t read yet. And it’s short!
- I’ll read it in French.
- I haven’t read Chevillard either
- But today, the synopsis isn’t that attractive
36) Papa doit manger
- Another famous French author yet to discover!
- And it’s short, and an opportunity to read a play. I may even watch it, if I find it
- Not sure why I added this one to my list!
- I have never read Sebald, and it seems original
- But should I read another one by him
- By an Orthodox author that I really enjoy
- About nature, from an unusual perspective
What do YOU think? What would you do for 32 and 38?
HAVE YOU READ THESE?
READ OR SKIP?
I ALSO WELCOME SUGGESTIONS
FOR GOOD BOOKS ON SIMILAR THEMES