Inspired by book blogger Davida, at The Chocolate Lady’s Book Review Blog, herself inspired by a couple of other bloggers (see here for instance). I plan to post about it on Saturdays, except the 1st Sat of the month, when I usually feature another meme.
The rules are simple:
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf from oldest to new
- Pick the first 5 or 10 (or whatever number you choose, depending on how large your list is) books you see
- Decide whether to keep them or get rid of them.
I’m finally back on this feature, after a few months away from it!
RESULTS FOR PREVIOUS READ OR SKIP
I’m actually keeping a lot this time: 24, 26, 27, 28, 30, and 31
Read maybe: 25
READ OR SKIP #8
Let’s see what YOU think about these 8 titles today.
28) Pale Fire
- A classic!
- I enjoy this author
- A masterpiece, several readers say
- BUT an “insight into the alchemy of friendship and marriage”, themes that I usually find uninteresting in literature.
- I enjoy the author and the topic
- A classic
- And I enjoy Hungarian literature
- I think I have already read too many similar books
- I love Proust, but this book no longer attracts me
- I enjoyed a lot The Broken Teaglass by the same author
- BUT several readers seemed to be confused about this one
What do YOU think? What would you do for 30 and 35?
HAVE YOU READ THESE?
READ OR SKIP?
I ALSO WELCOME SUGGESTIONS
FOR GOOD BOOKS ON SIMILAR THEMES