Click on the logo to join the fun!
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized
by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple.
It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th
and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in.
Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, Twitter chats, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional.
For all Bout of Books 25 information and updates,
be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
DAY 3 RECAP
Here is what I read on DAY 3:
- A Long Way Down, by Randall Silvis = 32 pages
- Don Quixote, by Cervantes (read-along) = 9 pages
- Talk to Me: How Voice Computing Will Transform the Way We Live, Work, and Think, by James Vlahos = 16 pages
- Audiobook: J’ai dû rêver trop fort, by Michel Bussi = 1H05, equivalent of 33 pages.
Total for Day 3: 90 pages
TOTAL so far: 269 /805 pages
And I did the Instagram challenge, with a cover of a recent book I like a lot (both the cover AND the book!).
The emoji challenge was very tempting, but I wasn’t too sure how to sum it up this way.
DAY 2 RECAP
Here is what I read on DAY 2:
- Talk to Me: How Voice Computing Will Transform the Way We Live, Work, and Think, by James Vlahos = 10 pages
Total for Day 2: 10 pages
TOTAL so far: 179 /805 pages
Hmm, amazing how two days can differ, from 169 to 10 pages!
The explanation is simple: we got together with friends in the evening, my only possible reading time, so I didn’t have much time for reading at all. Should be more normal today, hopefully!
And I didn’t do any daily challenge.
DAY 1 RECAP
Here is what I read on DAY 1:
- If You Love Me, by Matthew the Poor = 5 pages
- A Long Way Down, by Randall Silvis = 10 pages
- Don Quixote, by Cervantes (read-along) = 4 pages
- The Story of the Stone, by Cao Xueqin = 7 pages – DNFed
- Audiobook: Sang Famille, by Michel Bussi = 4H, equivalent of 134 pages – FINISHED
- Audiobook: J’ai dû rêver trop fort, by Michel Bussi = 8 mn, equivalent of 9 pages.
Total for Day 1: 169 pages
TOTAL so far: 169 /805 pages
Wow, very happy with this 1st day! Do you see all this audio time?? I usually don’t teach on Monday, and as the weather was FINALLY warm enough to plant our vegetable garden (3 weeks later than usual for me!), I did it all, and listened to my audiobooks at the same time. Mystery explained!
Alas, I had to DNF The Story of the Stone, which is actually the first book of Dream of Red Chamber (the book I got for the latest Classics Spin!!)
I saw wanted to read this book. I really enjoyed the first chapter, but then I quickly felt totally lost because of the huge amount of characters. I couldn’t keep track of who was who, and I know this was going to get a lot worse because of the size of the book
I also did 2 challenges:
– on Twitter, Introduce yourself #insixwords
– on Instagram, currently reading
I didn’t participate in the twitter chat, feeling a bit too old now for these, plus, the questions are often the same every year.
My goal is the same as for Bout of Books 24, as I didn’t manage to reach it: to read 805 pages, an average of 115 pages/day.
And I will organize a giveaway!
Here are the books I plan to read from. Some I’m currently reading.
- If You Love Me, by Matthew the Poor
- A Long Way Down, by Randall Silvis
- Talk to Me: How Voice Computing Will Transform the Way We Live, Work, and Think, by James Vlahos
- Don Quixote, by Cervantes (read-along)
- The Story of the Stone, by Cao Xueqin – DNFed
- Audiobook: Sang Famille, by Michel Bussi – FINISHED
- Audiobook: J’ai dû rêver trop fort, by Michel Bussi
**This is the overall list for the challenges offered during Bout of Books 25. Make sure you check the blog each day of the read-a-thon for instructions and details on how to complete the daily challenges**
Introduce yourself #insixwords
Book plot emoji
If this, then that
Favorite hero/favorite villain
Share the love
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion
Monday: 8pm CST (TZC)
Saturday: 10am CST (TZC)
Bout of Books 26 – 8/19/2019 — 8/25/2019
Click on the logo to visit other bloggers
I love the idea of Bout of Books, but I haven’t quite gotten into the rhythm of posting every day.
it’s rather quick, should be doable. Some bloggers actually just do one post, and they update and add to it everyday
90 pages is good! I only read 79 pages yesterday. Had a long but wonderful reading group meeting discussing The Weight of Ink. Started a new book: Sisters In Law, non-fiction, about Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sandra Day O’Connor, our only two female Supreme Court Justices. Interesting topic but not great writing. I struggled to read 60 pages, but I have to read that many each day to finish in time for another reading group meeting next Monday. A read-a-thon indeed!
that’s tough to have to finish a book that’s not well written! I have heard a lot about The Weight of Ink. I see you seem to avoid the expression book club, any reason?
Half way through – you are doing so well. Good luck with reaching your goal! I would love to read that much in a week. A few years ago, I would have easily reached it, but nowadays I’m lucky if I can get 50 pages in one day. You’re killing it 😉
thanks. not too bad, but actually way below my goal