Click on the logo to join the fun!
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized
by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple.
It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th
and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in.
Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, Twitter chats, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional.
For all Bout of Books 25 information and updates,
be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
DAY 2 RECAP
Here is what I read on DAY 2:
- Talk to Me: How Voice Computing Will Transform the Way We Live, Work, and Think, by James Vlahos = 10 pages
Total for Day 2: 10 pages
TOTAL so far: 179 /805 pages
Hmm, amazing how two days can differ, from 169 to 10 pages!
The explanation is simple: we got together with friends in the evening, my only possible reading time, so I didn’t have much time for reading at all. Should be more normal today, hopefully!
And I didn’t do any daily challenge.
DAY 1 RECAP
Here is what I read on DAY 1:
- If You Love Me, by Matthew the Poor = 5 pages
- A Long Way Down, by Randall Silvis = 10 pages
- Don Quixote, by Cervantes (read-along) = 4 pages
- The Story of the Stone, by Cao Xueqin = 7 pages – DNFed
- Audiobook: Sang Famille, by Michel Bussi = 4H, equivalent of 134 pages – FINISHED
- Audiobook: J’ai dû rêver trop fort, by Michel Bussi = 8 mn, equivalent of 9 pages.
Total for Day 1: 169 pages
TOTAL so far: 169 /805 pages
Wow, very happy with this 1st day! Do you see all this audio time?? I usually don’t teach on Monday, and as the weather was FINALLY warm enough to plant our vegetable garden (3 weeks later than usual for me!), I did it all, and listened to my audiobooks at the same time. Mystery explained!
Alas, I had to DNF The Story of the Stone, which is actually the first book of Dream of Red Chamber (the book I got for the latest Classics Spin!!)
I saw wanted to read this book. I really enjoyed the first chapter, but then I quickly felt totally lost because of the huge amount of characters. I couldn’t keep track of who was who, and I know this was going to get a lot worse because of the size of the book
I also did 2 challenges:
– on Twitter, Introduce yourself #insixwords
– on Instagram, currently reading
I didn’t participate in the twitter chat, feeling a bit too old now for these, plus, the questions are often the same every year.
My goal is the same as for Bout of Books 24, as I didn’t manage to reach it: to read 805 pages, an average of 115 pages/day.
And I will organize a giveaway!
Here are the books I plan to read from. Some I’m currently reading.
- If You Love Me, by Matthew the Poor
- A Long Way Down, by Randall Silvis
- Talk to Me: How Voice Computing Will Transform the Way We Live, Work, and Think, by James Vlahos
- Don Quixote, by Cervantes (read-along)
- The Story of the Stone, by Cao Xueqin – DNFed
- Audiobook: Sang Famille, by Michel Bussi – FINISHED
- Audiobook: J’ai dû rêver trop fort, by Michel Bussi
**This is the overall list for the challenges offered during Bout of Books 25. Make sure you check the blog each day of the read-a-thon for instructions and details on how to complete the daily challenges**
Introduce yourself #insixwords
Book plot emoji
If this, then that
Favorite hero/favorite villain
Share the love
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion
Bout of Books 26 – 8/19/2019 — 8/25/2019
Click on the logo to visit other bloggers