The Classics Club
The Classics Spin #20
Time for a new spin!
At your blog, before next Monday, Monday 22, create a post to list your choice of any twenty books that remain “to be read” on your Classics Club list.
This is your Spin List. You have to read one of these twenty books by the end of the year. Try to challenge yourself. For example, you could list five Classics Club books you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, re-reads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
On Monday 22nd April, we’ll post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List by 31st May, 2019.
So here are my 20 books:
- The Sound and the Fury, by William Faulkner
- Tender is the Night, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Travels With Charley, by John Steinbeck
- The Baron in the Trees, by Italo Calvino
- Solaris, by Stanislas Lem
- Childhood’s End, by Arthur C. Clarke
- Fantômas, by Marcel Allain
- To the Lighthouse, by Virginia Woolf
- A Streetcar Named Desire, by Tennessee Williams
- Satantango, by Laszlo Krasznahorkai
- We, by Yevgeny Zamyatin
- Love in the Time of Cholera, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Le dictionnaires des idées reçues, by Gustave Flaubert
- The Castle of Otranto, by Horace Walpole
- North and South, by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Oblomov, by Ivan Goncharov
- Xingu, by Edith Wharton
- Confusion, by Stefan Zweig
- The Dream of the Red Chamber, by Cao Xueqin
- Kusamakura, by Natsume Soseki
COME BACK ON APRIL 22
TO SEE WHICH BOOK I HAVE TO READ SOON.
WHICH ONE IS YOUR FAVORITE?