It’s still insanely cold around Chicago, so what better to do than curl up with a good book? I did read some interesting ones this month.
And I also DNFed two:
- A Deadly Affection, by Cuyler Overholt. I explain why here
- I tried briefly the upcoming In the Blink of an Eye, but found it super confusing and stopped quickly. So I have this brand new ARC, if anyone is interested in some swap
Let’s talk about good things now.
I’m still reading Don Quixote, basically by myself, as the people who organized the read-along seem to have stopped. I’m also late in the schedule, but slowly but surely, I’ll manage.
Everyday, I also read a chapter of Les Misérables in French, a read-along with one my students. It’s kind of neat to see her reactions, as she hasn’t read it yet, and doesn’t know what’s coming. Even though I read it decades ago, I no longer have the effect of surprise. We are almost done with volume 1.
So here is what I finished in February:
7 in print
= with 2,391 pages, an average of 85 pages/day
(wow! I’m impressed: 2 were long books, one of them a manga!)
1 in audio
= with 11H06, an average of 23 mn/day
4 in literary fiction:
- La vie mode d’emploi, by Georges Perec – in French
- The Goose Fritz, by Sergei Lebedev – ebook, for review
- Trace, by Pat Cummings – book won, middle grade
- The Library of Lost and Found, by Phaedra Patrick – ebook, for review
1 in poetry:
- Cocktails with a Dead Man, by Joe Albanese
1 in nonfiction:
- Earthern Vessels: The Practice of Personal Prayer According to the Patristic Tradition, by Gabriel Bunge
1 in manga:
- Orange, volume 1, by Ichigo Takano
1 in between nonfiction and historical fiction!!
- HHhH, by Laurent Binet – audio, in French
So yes, I finally found a manga that I really loved and devoured! It’s YA and romancy, two genres that I usually don’t like, but it’s a very interesting story actually, and the art is beautiful. I’m saving volume 2 for March, and I found the latest one by the same author as well!
MY FAVORITES IN FEBRUARY
READING CHALLENGES & RECAP
Classics Club: 42/50 (until end of 2020)
2019 Calendar of Crime Challenge 1/12
Where Are You Reading?: 21/50 – to be finished in ??
Total of books read in 2019 = 15/100
Number of books added to my TBR this past month= 30, BUT I did manage to delete a lot of old ones.
Blog wise, you may have noticed a few posts for Thursday Travels. I’ll try to do this on a regular basis.
MOST POPULAR BOOK REVIEW THIS PAST MONTH
click on the cover to access my review
MOST POPULAR POST THIS PAST MONTH
– NON BOOK REVIEW –
Born a Crime chapter 9-14:
read along at Book Bloggers International
BOOK BLOG THAT BROUGHT ME MOST TRAFFIC THIS PAST MONTH
Modern Mrs Darcy
please go visit
TOP COMMENTERS OF THE MONTH
over 4,740 subscribers
over 173,170 hits
Be sure to check the giveaway posted on my homepage!
Come back on Monday
to see the books I plan to read in March
and my exciting plan!
How was YOUR month of February?
Nicole at Feed Your Fiction Addiction
has created a Month In Review meme
where you can link your monthly recap posts