Inspired by book blogger Davida, at The Chocolate Lady’s Book Review Blog, herself inspired by a couple of other bloggers (see here for instance). I plan to post about it on Saturdays, except the 1st Sat of the month, when I usually feature another meme.
The rules are simple:
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf from oldest to new
- Pick the first 5 or 10 (or whatever number you choose, depending on how large your list is) books you see
- Decide whether to keep them or get rid of them.
RESULTS FOR PREVIOUS READ OR SKIP
Not good, I only managed to ditch 1 out of 5 last week!
READ OR SKIP #4
Yeah, finally getting into 2012!!
- Book about books
- A good friend of mine loved it
- BUT the general Goodreads rating is low
- And some readers mention all the autobiographical elements, which don’t interest me
- One day, I watched a fascinating documentary about having inmates play The Tempest, so the topic is of great interest
- BUT several readers mention the book needs serious editing. I hate books that are not well written
- How come I haven’t read this one yet??
READ – asap
- I visited the charming Shakespeare & Company Parisian bookstore, and definitely want to know more about it
- I usually love that type of books
- BUT I have read a lot of these, maybe too many?
- The general rating is low, but several of my friends have read and loved it
What do YOU think? Should I really skip 12 and 13? What would you do for 16?
HAVE YOU READ THESE?
READ OR SKIP?
I ALSO WELCOME SUGGESTIONS
FOR GOOD BOOKS ON SIMILAR THEMES