2019 is starting very interestingly, with a bunch of readalongs:
- Don Quijote, with Nick at One Catholic Life and Silvia at Silvia Cachia, this will extend into May.
- Les Misérables, with one of my French students (re-read). No idea how long it will take
- And I DNFed Berlin Alexanderplatz, by Doblin, that I was trying to read with the NYRB Goodreads Book club
So I actually read much more than it looks right now, as I only count a book when it’s finished. I have listened to another long classic, see below, and otherwise read an interesting variety of books.
Apart from that, I’m very happy for all the reviews I have recently posted, catching up quite a bit.
And of course, at the beginning of the month, I took part in the wonderful Boutofbooks event
And I launched a new meme! Did you check it out?
Now, I’m considering launching a French Book Box. Does this sound interesting to you? Any thought on that?
So here is what I read in January:
6 in print
= with 1,248 pages, an average of 40 pages/day
1 in audio
= with 22H28, an average of 43 mn/day
2 in nonfiction:
- Are We French Yet? by Keith Van Sickle – for review, on 2/6
- Prayers by the Lake, by Nikolai Velimirovich
2 in mystery:
- The Plotters, by Un-Su Kim – ebook, for review
- The Moonstone, by Wilkie Collins – audio
1 in literary fiction:
- Hear Our Defeats, by Laurent Gaudé – ebook, for review
2 in children books:
- The Trumpet of the Swan, by E. B. White
- Bear and Wolf, by Daniel Salmieri – picture book
MY FAVORITES IN JANUARY
READING CHALLENGES & RECAP
Classics Club: 26/50 (until end of 2020) or 41/65!
2019 Calendar of Crime Challenge 1/12
Where Are You Reading?: 21/50 – to be finished in ??
Total of books read in 2019= 7/100
Number of books added to my TBR this past month= an insane 54…
MOST POPULAR BOOK REVIEW THIS PAST MONTH
click on the cover to access my review
MOST POPULAR POST THIS PAST MONTH
– NON BOOK REVIEW –
Born a Crime chapter 9-14:
read along at Book Bloggers International
BOOK BLOG THAT BROUGHT ME MOST TRAFFIC THIS PAST MONTH
Modern Mrs Darcy
please go visit
TOP COMMENTERS OF THE MONTH
over 4,690 subscribers
over 170,930 hits
Be sure to check the giveaways posted on my homepage!
Come back on Monday
to see the books I plan to read in February
and my other plans!
How was YOUR month of January?
Kathryn at The Book Date
has created a Month In Review meme
where you can link your monthly recap posts
Thanks Kathryn, great idea!