The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 7th and runs through Sunday, January 13th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 24 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
NB: today, day 3, the challenge is based on an idea I submitted. Curious to see what you will do with it!
BOUT OF BOOKS 24
DAY 2 RECAP
Here is what I read on Day 2:
- Are We French Yet?, by Keith Van Sickle = 43 pages
- Hear Our Defeats, by Laurent Gaudé = 55 pages
- Berlin AlexanderPlatz, by Alfred Döblin = 14 pages
- Don Quixote, by Cervantes = 6 pages
- Prayers by the Lake, by Nikolaj Velimirovic = 11 pages
- Audiobook [36 minutes]: The Moonstone, by Wilkie Collins = equivalent to 12 pages
Total for Day 2: 141
TOTAL so far: 270/805
And I participated in the Instagram challenge of the day
**This is the overall list for the challenges offered during Bout of Books 24. Make sure you check the blog each day of the read-a-thon for instructions and details on how to complete the daily challenges**
Introduce yourself #insixwords
Character dinner party
Six degrees of separation – based on an idea I submitted
If this, then that
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion
BOUT OF BOOKS 24
DAY 1 RECAP
Yesterday, January 7, was the big day to celebrate Christ’s Nativity for me. I’m an Orthodox Christian, and my Church follows the Julian calendar, which runs 13 late compare to the Gregorian (civil) calendar. So December 25 + 13 days = January 7.
It’s actually nice to be far from the crazy commercial stuff surrounding the Christmas frenzy and be able to focus only on the essential.
After the Church celebration, we had a very simple meal at home and time with friends.
But in the evening, I was able to have regular reading time.
So here is what I read on Day 1:
- Are We French Yet?, by Keith Van Sickle = 56 pages
- Hear Our Defeats, by Laurent Gaudé = 46 pages
- Audiobook [1H07]: The Moonstone, by Wilkie Collins = equivalent to 27 pages
TOTAL so far: 129/805
Because of the very special day, as explained above, I didn’t have time to participate in the challenge of the day, nor in the Twitter chat.
But I posted a giveaway!