The Classics Club
The Classics Spin #19
Time for a new spin!
At your blog, before next Tuesday, November 27, create a post to list your choice of any twenty books that remain “to be read” on your Classics Club list.
This is your Spin List. You have to read one of these twenty books by the end of the year. Try to challenge yourself. For example, you could list five Classics Club books you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, re-reads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
On Tuesday, we’ll post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by January 31. We’ll check in here on January 31 to see who made it the whole way and finished their spin book!
So here are my 20 books:
- A Moveable Feast, by Ernest Hemingway
- A Streetcar Named Desire, by Tennessee Williams
- Childhood’s End, by Arthur C. Clarke
- Confusion, by Stefan Zweig
- Fantômas, by Marcel Allain
- Gaspard, Melchior & Balthazar, by Michel Tournier
- Kusamakura, by Natsume Soseki
- Leaves of Grass, by Walt Whitman
- Love in the Time of Cholera, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Oblomov, by Ivan Goncharov
- Satantango, by Laszlo Krasznahorkai
- Solaris, by Stanislas Lem
- Tender is the Night, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Baron in the Trees, by Italo Calvino
- The Dream of the Red Chamber, by Cao Xueqin
- The Sound and the Fury, by William Faulkner
- To the Lighthouse, by Virginia Woolf
- Travels With Charley, by John Steinbeck
- Walden, by Henry David Thoreau
- We, by Yevgeny Zamyatin
COME BACK ON NOV 29
TO SEE WHICH BOOK I HAVE TO READ SOON.
WHICH ONE IS YOUR FAVORITE?