March-April 2018 wrap-up
Sometimes, life goes too fast…
Reading time is getting scarce these days, and let’s not talk about blogging time…
So here are the few books I read these past 2 months:
8 in print
= with 2,230 pages, an average of 36 pages/day
3 in audio
= with 34H36, an average of 33mn/day
So more audio time than usual, but about half less reading time!
7 in mystery
- Look For Her, by Emily Winslow – for review
- Temps glaciaires, by Fred Vargas – audio in French
- I Let You Go, by Clare Mackintosh
- Portrait of a Murderer: A Christmas Crime story, by Anne Meredith – ebook, for review
- Nymphéas noirs, by Michel Bussi – audio in French
- Gallic Noir, vol 1, by Pascal Garnier – for review
- Debout les morts, by Fred Vargas – audio in French
2 in “graphic novels”:
- Baby Monkey, Private Eye, by Brian Selznick = actually a picture book
- Monet, Itinerant of Light, by Salva Rubio (and EFA) = actually a biography
1 in literary fiction:
- The Bridge on the Drina, by Ivo Andric – for Classic Club
1 in science-fiction/dystopia/fantasy:
- Ankaran Immersion, by Will Weisser
My favorites in March-April
Blog recap for March-April
I did manage to post a short video where I read a poem both in French and English, for National Poetry Month. Thanks to the Book Cougars for inviting me! See details about them under my youtube video
I hosted 4 spotlights with giveaway – be sure you enter the May book of the month giveaway at France Book Tours
I participated in a few memes, which I had not done for a while: Top 10 Tuesday, WWW Wednesdays, Mailbox Monday, and a more recent for me: Six Degrees of Separation
Reading Challenges recap
Total of books read in 2018= 22/100
Most popular book review in April
click on the cover to access my review.
Most popular post last month
– non book review –
Born a Crime:
chapters 9-14 read-along at
Book Bloggers International
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
Top commenters of the month
Kristyn at Reading to Unwind
Karen at Booker Talk
over 4,490 subscribers
over 153,850 hits
Plans for May
Finish the Classic book I was supposed to read before end of April!!
Catch up with reviews, ah ah.
Do a few reviews, ah ah
Come back on Monday
to see all the books I plan to read in May!
How was YOUR month of April?
Kathryn at The Book Date
has created a Month In Review meme
I’ll now be linking my monthly recap posts
Thanks Kathryn, great idea!