December 2017 wrap-up
December was the last chance for me to wrap up a few readings that had been going on for a few months.
And I am happy with my final count of 113 books, my highest since I have joined the Goodreads reading challenge.
Here is what I read this past month:
10 in print
= with 1,834 pages, that is: 59 pages/day
+ 2 audiobooks
= with 18H54, that is: 36 mn/day.
3 in nonfiction:
- Chronicles of a Liquid Society, by Umberto Eco – ebook
- Man of God: Saint John of Shangai and San Francisco, by Peter Prekrestov
- A Curious Collection of Dates: Through the Year with Sherlock Holmes
by Leah Guinn
3 in children book:
- Martine à la montagne, by Gilbert Delahaye – ebook
- Martine en bateau, by Gilbert Delahaye – ebook
- Martine fête son anniversaire, by Gilbert Delahaye – ebook
2 in mystery:
- Un lieu incertain, by Fred Vargas – audiobook
- Arsène Lupin, by Maurice Leblanc – ebook
2 in poetry:
- Paradise Lost, by John Milton
- Paradise Regained, by John Milton
1 in fiction:
- The White Tiger, by Aravind Adiga
1 in historical fiction:
- The Obituary Writer, by Ann Hood – audiobook
My favorites in December
Reading Challenges recap
Total of books read in 2017 = 113/100!
Blog recap in December
I participated in Midwinter’s Eve Giveaway Hop 2017
I organized 3 giveaways.
Most popular book review in December
Most popular post last month
– non book review –
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
Top commenters of the month
Inspired by Becca at I’m Lost in Books!
and her Blogger Shout-Outs feature
= 1 point per month for the top 3.
The one who has the most points at the end of the year will receive a gift!
NB: just congratulating winners of giveaways does not count as a real comment 😉
12: Karen at Booker Talk
12: Kristyn at Reading to Unwind
10: Lucy at The Fictional 100
AS KAREN AND KRISTYN BOTH GOT 12 POINTS,
THE FIRST OF THE TWO TO POST A COMMENT
WILL BE THE WINNER!
over 4,410 subscribers
over 147,100 hits
Plans for January
Post all my 2017 recaps. Actually, exceptionally, I’m ready with my stats, so they will published these 3 coming days
Participate in Bout of Books 21
Read and review the 2nd book picked by my library staff
Maybe read less books, but review them all… We can dream, right?
Come back on Monday 1st
to see all the books I plan to read in January!
How was YOUR month of December?
Kathryn at The Book Date
has created a Month In Review meme
I’ll now be linking my monthly recap posts
Thanks Kathryn, great idea!