The Classics Club
The Classics Spin #16
Time for a new spin!
At your blog, before next Friday, November 17th, create a post to list your choice of any twenty books that remain “to be read” on your Classics Club list.
This is your Spin List. You have to read one of these twenty books by the end of the year. Try to challenge yourself. For example, you could list five Classics Club books you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, re-reads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
On Friday, we’ll post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by Dec 31, 2017. We’ll check in here in January to see who made it the whole way and finished their spin book!
So here are my 20 books:
- The Poisoned Crown, by Maurice Druon
- Whose Body? by Dorothy L. Sayers
- The Moonstone, by Wilkie Collins
- Arsène Lupin, by Maurice Leblanc
- The Face of Another, by Kobo Abe
- The Baron in the Trees, by Italo Calvino
- Solaris, by Stanislas Lem
- Childhood’s End, by Arthur C. Clarke
- Fantômas, by Marcel Allain
- A Streetcar Named Desire, by Tennessee Williams
- The Sound and the Fury, by William Faulkner
- Tender is the Night, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Travels With Charley, by John Steinbeck
- A Moveable Feast, by Ernest Hemingway
- To the Lighthouse, by Virginia Woolf
- Oblomov, by Ivan Goncharov
- Confusion, by Stefan Zweig
- Gaspard, Melchior & Balthazar, by Michel Tournier
- Paradise Regained, by John Milton
- We, by Yevgeny Zamyatin
COME BACK ON NOVEMBER 18
TO SEE WHICH BOOK I HAVE TO READ SOON.
WHICH ONE IS YOUR FAVORITE?