Glad to be back for Bout of Books!
Click on the logo to join the fun!
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized
by Amanda @ On a Book Bender
and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal.
It is a week long read-a-thon that begins
12:01am Monday, May 8th
and runs through Sunday, May 14th
in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure.
There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize,
but all of these are completely optional.
For all Bout of Books 19 information and updates,
be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
From the Bout of Books team
WHAT I READ ON DAY 3:
- Manderley Forever: 10 pages
- A Curious Collection: 3 pages
- My Cousin Rachel: 31 pages
- Men Without Women, by Murakami: 38 pages
TOTAL pages in DAY 3 = 82, finally!
+ 1 hour of audiobook: Sherlock Holmes: finished The Empty House and started The Adventure of the Norwood Builder
TOTAL PAGES SO FAR: 162/525
- I did the challenge “Share Your Shelfie”: follow me on Instagram to see it or click on this picture on Twitter it see it in full
- Did you notice I added another book?? My library got for me the very new Murakami, published 2 days ago, so I HAD to start it! I usually don’t like short stories, but I will definitely make an exception with my favorite Japanese author. The first story was good, in his usual style.
WHAT I READ ON DAY 2:
- Manderley Forever: 24 pages
TOTAL pages in DAY 2 = 24
That’s IT!! Because of a spontaneous get together with friends.
And NO audio time! Sherlock Holmes: finished The Final Problem and started The Empty House
Looks like I’m not going to break any reading record this week!!
TOTAL PAGES SO FAR: 80/525
- I did the challenge “Not a Font”: follow me on Instagram to see it
WHAT I READ ON DAY 1:
- Manderley Forever: 21 pages
- The Novel of the Century: 12 pages
- The Sherlock Holmes Book: 15 pages
- A Curious Collection: 7 pages
- The Typikon: 1 page
TOTAL pages in DAY 1 = 56
quite poor, because of the hour spent in the twitter party, at the time when I can read
+ 40 mn of audio time (Sherlock Holmes: finished The Final Problem and started The Empty House)
TOTAL PAGES SO FAR: 56/525
- I did the challenge:
Introduce Yourself #insixwords
In case you have not seen it, come this way
- I posted a book giveaway
- I took part in the chat, it was not as crazy as last year.
I enjoyed Q5. You can live in an author’s imagination for a day. Who would you choose and why?
to read 525 pages (average of 75 pages/day).
Not counting some time for audiobooks as well.
What I am reading from:
- Men Without Women, by Murakami
Le Regard du Ressuscité, by Archimandrite Gabriel – a French book on Orthodox icons, received for review
My Cousin Rachel, by Daphne du Maurier – for The Classics Club
Manderley Forever, by Tatiana de Rosnay – Daphne’s biography, received for review thru Netgalley
The Novel of the Century: The Extraordinary Adventure of Les Missérables, by David Bellos
and from books I read a few pages every day:
The Typikon Decoded, by Archimandrite Job Getcha – Orthodox Liturgics
Paradise Lost, by Milton – for The Classics Club
The Sherlock Holmes Book, by DK Publishing
A Curious Collection of Dates: Through the Year with Sherlock Holmes, by Leah Guinn
The two latest books I read in connection with my audiobook project of listening to all of Sherlock Holmes. So during Bout of Books I will listen to The Hounds of the Baskervilles and his following work: The Return of Sherlock Holmes
If I have finished some of the above before the beginning of BOB, I will edit the list the day before
Share Your Shelfie!
Character Dating Profile
Book Spine Rainbow
Seasons of Books
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion
Saturday: 10am CST (TZC)
Bout of Books 20 – 8/21/2017 — 8/27/2017
Bout of Books 21 – 1/8/2018 — 1/14/2018