October 2016 wrap-up
Another great month of reading, I’m finally on track to reach my usual average of 100 books/year.
Here is what I read in October:
8 in print
= with 2,059 pages, that is: 66.4 pages/day
+ 1 audiobook
= with 7H43, that is: 14 mn/day
3 in literary fiction:
- Commonwealth, by Ann Patchett
- The Suicide Shop, by Jean Teulé – ebook
- The Invoice, by Jonas Karlsson
2 in nonfiction:
- Pancakes in Paris, by Craig Carlson – ebook
- The Blessed Surgeon: The Life of Saint Luke Archbishop of Simferopol
1 in mystery:
- Michelangelo’s Ghost, by Gigi Pandian – ebook
1 in historical fiction:
- The Other Einstein, by Marie Benedict
1 in science-fiction:
- The Martian Chronicles, by Ray Bradbury – audio
1 in fantasy:
- A Wizard of Earthsea, by Ursula K. Le Guin
Some books fall into a couple of categories
|Published in 2016||6|
|Books for review||6|
My favorites in October
Reading Challenges recap
French Bingo: 37/25 – FINISHED
Classics Club: 8/50 (until end of 2018)
Cloak and Dagger (Mysteries): 26/21-30
Ebook challenge: 28/25 – FINISHED
Historical fiction: 16/15 – FINISHED
Japanese literature: 3/5
New authors challenge: 42/50
New Release (2016): 37/16-30 – FINISHED
Nonfiction challenge: 13/11-15
Books in Translation: 26/12 – FINISHED
What’s in a Name: 3/6
Where Are You Reading?: 20/50 – to be finished in ??
Total of books read in 2016 = 83/100
- I finally launched a program for guest-posts, as I get more and more. I hosted 5 in October
- I posted 2 videos on my Youtube Channel.
French Bingo 2016 has 41 reviews posted so far. Don’t forget to link your reviews!
- I organized 7 giveaways. The one for November at France Book Tours is now available.
- One big thing: I am done purging my Goodreads TBR. I’m down to 972, after deleting about 500. I plan to really focus on that shelf in 2017
Most popular book review in October
Most popular post last month
– non book review –
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
please go visit
Top commenters of the month
Inspired by Becca at I’m Lost in Books!
and her Blogger Shout-Outs feature
= 1 point per month for the top 3.
The one who has the most points at the end of the year will receive a gift!
NB: just congratulating winners of giveaways does not count as a real comment 😉
10: Lucy at The Fictional 100
9: Karen at Booker Talk
6: Elizabeth at Silver’s Reviews
3: Freda at Freda’s Voice
2: Katherine at I Wished I Lived In a Library
over 3,900 subscribers
over 123,00 hits
Plans for November
- Catching up on titles that have been too long on my Netgalley shelf!
- Starting Challenges recaps
- I have now a better idea of what I want my blog new look to be. I need to list all this now and send it to a website magician I know to do the trick!
Come back on Thursday
to see what I plan to read in November!
How was YOUR month of October?
Kathryn at The Book Date
has created a Month In Review meme
I’ll now be linking my monthly recap posts
Thanks Kathryn, great idea!