September 2016 wrap-up
Wow, not too sure what happened, but September was an awesome reading month, actually my best so far this year as for number of books and pages read!
I have thus finished several reading challenges – though I still need to post my reviews of those!
Here is what I read in September:
12 in print
= with 2,851 pages, that is: 95 pages/day
+ 1 audiobook
= with 11H11, that is: 22 mn/day
3 in mystery:
- The Madonna of Notre Dame, by Alexis Ragougneau
- Exit Strategy, by Colleen Cross – ebook that I translated into French
- Blood Wedding, by Pierre Lemaitre
3 in literary fiction:
- The Black Notebook, by Patrick Modiano – ebook
- Home of the Brave, by Katherine Applegate
- French Rhapsody, by Antoine Laurain
3 in nonfiction:
- James Joyce: Portrait of a Dubliner, by Alfonso Zapico – graphic “novel”
- Patristic Theology, by John Romanides
- Saint Innocent, Apostle to America, by Paul D. Garrett
4 in historical fiction:
- Katharina Luther, by Anne Boileau
- Café Budapest, by Alfonso Zapico – graphic novel
- The Empty Throne, by Bernard Cornwell – audiobook
- Historical mystery: Death at the Paris Exposition, by Frances McNamara
Some books fall into a couple of categories
|Published in 2016||6|
|Books for review||6|
My favorites in September
Reading Challenges recap
French Bingo: 35/25 – FINISHED
Classics Club: 5/50 (until end of 2018)
Cloak and Dagger (Mysteries): 25/21-30
Ebook challenge: 25/25 – FINISHED
Historical fiction: 15/15 – FINISHED
Japanese literature: 3/5
New authors challenge: 37/50
New Release (2016): 32/16-30 – FINISHED
Nonfiction challenge: 11/11-15
Books in Translation: 23/12 – FINISHED
What’s in a Name: 3/6
Where Are You Reading?: 20/50 – to be finished in ??
Total of books read in 2016 = 74/100
Number of books added to my TBR in September= 14
- I celebrated my 6th blogiversary last Thursday! For the occasion, there’s a great giveaway, open until Oct 5!
- I posted my list for Classic Spins #14, that will be my first Classics Spin! I can’t wait Monday to know which book I need to read soon from that list. It’s neat to connect with new to me book bloggers through this spin
- I hosted 1 guest-post
French Bingo 2016 has 34 reviews posted so far. Don’t forget to link your reviews!
- I organized 3 giveaways. The one for October at France Book Tours is now available.
- One big thing: I have decided to be even more picky at the books I accept to review, to have more time to read the books on my shelves and the ones I absolutely want to read. Along the same idea, I have started purging my Goodreads TBR. I’m down to 1,121, don’t laugh, I thing I have already deleted close to 200
- And, not totally blog related, I have started working on my next book, it will be in the line of my first, but much bigger
Most popular book review in September
click on the cover to access my review.
Most popular post last month
– non book review –
Blogiversary #6: giveaway and stats
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
please go visit
Top commenters of the month
Inspired by Becca at I’m Lost in Books!
and her Blogger Shout-Outs feature
= 1 point per month for the top 3.
The one who has the most points at the end of the year will receive a gift!
NB: just congratulating winners of giveaways does not count as a real comment 😉
9: Lucy at The Fictional 100
8: Karen at Booker Talk
5: Elizabeth at Silver’s Reviews
3: Freda at Freda’s Voice
2: Katherine at I Wished I Lived In a Library
over 3,870 subscribers
over 121,00 hits
Plans for October
- Keep purging my Goodreads TBR shelf
- Spend time looking at blogs recommended by you, to choose a nicer look, and from there go to self-hosting, one day…
Come back on Monday
to see what I plan to read in October!
How was YOUR month of September?
Kathryn at The Book Date
has created a Month In Review meme
I’ll now be linking my monthly recap posts
Thanks Kathryn, great idea!
I know, I am always saying I’ll be picky over the books I accept for review and then I succumb. Like you I want to read the books I have lined up that I really want to read. I hope we both succeed better than we have. It looks like you did have a great reading month and congrats on blog anniversary.
thanks! Believe it or not, I’m already getting much better, so let’s support each other to resist the temptation, lol
Definitely your best month yet, congrats!! Happy October!
thanks, you too Freda
I love your statistics! I’m always curious about the pages read and that stuff. I read Blood Wedding a few years ago. At first I wasn’t enjoying it but by the time I reached the middle I really liked it!
thanks! Same here: compared to other books by the same author, it starts kind of weird and slow. I almost dropped until a key line that made me devour the rest of the book!
LikeLiked by 1 person
It looks like you had a great September! I read The Madonna of Notre Dame, by Alexis Ragougneau and thought it was excellent! Have a great October!
yes, you were part of the tour I organized at France Book Tours! Enjoy your reading in october