The Classics Club
The Classics Spin #14
Twitter hashtag: #ccspin
I finally managed my subscriptions, so I can now know when a new spin is posted!
Here is what was announced:
At your blog, by next Monday, October 3, list your choice of any twenty books you’ve left to read from your Classics Club list — in a separate post.
This is your Spin List. You have to read one of these twenty books in October & November. So, try to challenge yourself. For example, you could list five Classics Club books you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, rereads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
Next Monday, we’ll post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by December 1, 2016. We’ll have a check in here in December, to see who made it the whole way and finished the spin book.
So here are my 20 books, not too much extra challenge, these are all books I can’t wait to read!!
- A Wizard of Earthsea, by Ursula K. Le Guin
- Death Comes for the Archbishop, by Willa Cather
- The Poisoned Crown by Maurice Druon
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, by Betty Smith
- The Pilgrim’s Progress, by John Bunyan
- The Phantom of the Opera, by Gaston Leroux
- Three Men in a Boat, by Jerome K. Jerome
- Whose Body? by Dorothy L. Sayers
- The Hound of the Baskervilles, Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Moonstone, by Wilkie Collins
- Arsène Lupin, by Maurice Leblanc
- The Face of Another, by Kobo Abe
- Moderato Cantabile, by Marguerite Duras
- The Baron in the Trees, by Italo Calvino
- Solaris, by Stanislas Lem
- Childhood’s End, by Arthur C. Clarke
- Fantômas, by Marcel Allain
- A Streetcar Named Desire, by Tennessee Williams
- Charlotte’s Web, by E. B. White
- The Martian Chronicles, by Ray Bradbury
COME BACK ON OCTOBER 3
TO SEE WHICH BOOK I HAVE TO READ