August 2016 wrap-up
Already end of August, and the wind is already chilly, ouch!
I’m not ready for the cold, I hope we get some nice Indian Summer and more hours of outside reading, though I usually read in the evening and the dark comes sooner.
Here is what I read in August:
5 in print
= with 1,765 pages, that is: 56 pages/day
+ 1 audiobook
= with 8H42, that is: 16 mn/day
2 in literary fiction:
- The House Between Tides, by Sarah Maine – ebook
- Trip Through Your Wires, by Sarah Layden – audiobook
2 in historical fiction:
- Charlatan, by Kate Braithwaite – ebook
- Time and Regret, by MK Tod – ebook
1 in mystery:
- The Paris Librarian, by Mark Pryor
1 in verse:
- Paradiso, by Dante
Some books fall into a couple of categories
|Published in 2016||5|
My favorites in August
Reading Challenges recap
French Bingo: 30/25 – FINISHED
Classics Club: 5/50 (until end of 2018)
Cloak and Dagger (Mysteries): 21/21-30
Ebook challenge: 23/25
Historical fiction: 11/15
Japanese literature: 3/5
New authors challenge: 31/50
New Release (2016): 25/16-30
Nonfiction challenge: 8/11-15
Books in Translation: 19/12 – FINISHED
What’s in a Name: 3/6
Where Are You Reading?: 19/50 – to be finished in ??
Total of books read in 2016 = 60/100
- I took part in Bout of Books 17, of course during my busiest week ever!!
- I hosted 3 guest-posts
- 4 of the 5 books I read were received for review
French Bingo 2016 has 29 reviews posted so far. It’s not too late to join. Don’t forget to link your reviews!
- I organized 4 giveaways. The one for September at France Book Tours is now available. The book of your choice
Most popular book review in August
Most popular post last month
– non book review –
Book blog that brought me
most traffic this past month
please go visit
Top commenters of the month
Inspired by Becca at I’m Lost in Books!
and her Blogger Shout-Outs feature
= 1 point per month for the top 3.
The one who has the most points at the end of the year will receive a gift!
NB: just congratulating winners of giveaways does not count as a real comment 😉
8: Lucy at The Fictional 100
7: Karen at Booker Talk
4: Elizabeth at Silver’s Reviews
3: Freda at Freda’s Voice
2: Katherine at I Wished I Lived In a Library
over 3,830 subscribers
over 119,100 hits
Plans for September
- Celebrate my 6th blogiversary!
- Catch up with some BEA books that will be released this month
- As we start a new Orthodox liturgical year today, do regular posts based on Orthodox books. the first being on September 4, God willing
Come back tomorrow
to see what I plan to read in September!
How was YOUR month of August?
Kathryn at The Book Date
has created a Month In Review meme
I’ll now be linking my monthly recap posts
Thanks Kathryn, great idea!