The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized
by Amanda @ On a Book Bender
and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal.
It is a week long read-a-thon that begins
12:01am Monday, August 22nd
and runs through Sunday, August 28th
in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure.
There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize,
but all of these are completely optional.
For all Bout of Books 17 information and updates,
be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
From the Bout of Books team
Bout of Books 17 is over. I read 80 pages less than my goal, due to a crazy busy week. I’ll have to look more carefully at my calendar next time before committing.
Anyway, it was nice connecting with some new to me book blogger and do a couple of fun challenges.
I announced the winner to my giveaway here. Check if you are the winner
See you maybe for Bout of Books 18 on January 2nd
WHAT I READ ON DAY 7:
TOTAL PAGES IN DAY 6= 72 pages
PAGES READ SO FAR= 410/490 pages
Sunday = another long Church service, which I enjoy very much, don’t take me wrong. So I end up usually reading less in week-ends
WHAT I READ ON DAY 6:
TOTAL PAGES IN DAY 6= 30 pages
PAGES READ SO FAR= 358/490 pages
Well, another prayer service at Church shortened my reading time tonight. In case you don’t know yet, I’m Christian Orthodox, and my Church follows the old calendar – 13 days behind the current civil calendar. So August 15 + 13 = August 28: tomorrow Sunday we celebrate the Dormition of the Theotokos (what the West calls the Assumption), and so I went to the Vespers of the Feast tonight.
I should definitely have thought that through before signing up for Bout of Books this week…
WHAT I READ ON DAY 5:
- Time and Regret, by M.K. Tod = 26 pages – BOOK FINISHED
- Exit Strategy, by Colleen Cross = 1 page read + 1 translated! = 2 pages
TOTAL PAGES IN DAY 5= 28 pages
PAGES READ SO FAR= 318/490 pages
This is my worst Bout of Books ever, I read even less than a regular week. This week was nothing but irregular, with tons of things going on.
Yesterday night was also our block book club, with a record assistance of 14 members. As you may know, in our book club, everyone comes and presents the book of their choice they read during the previous month. So it’s high in energy and enthusiasm, and sometimes I need to keep alert to lead the discussion. End result, I was totally dead after and did not do much reading after that. Glad though I finished MK Tod’s amazing book on WWI!
WHAT I READ ON DAY 4:
- Time and Regret, by M.K. Tod = 76 pages
- Exit Strategy, by Colleen Cross = 8 pages read + 8 translated = 16 pages
TOTAL PAGES IN DAY 4= 92 pages
PAGES READ SO FAR= 280/490 pages
Ah! Finally a rather normal day of reading, though still no time for audio!
And I didn’t the challenge, the topic did not really interest me.
WHAT I READ ON DAY 3:
- Time and Regret, by M.K. Tod = 53 pages
- Exit Strategy, by Colleen Cross = 5 pages read + 5 translated = 10 pages
TOTAL PAGES IN DAY 3= 63 pages
PAGES READ SO FAR= 188/490 pages
Actually impressed I managed to read all this n the evening though I had a two hour workshop at my library on how use Pixlr – great free tool by the way for us book bloggers – for cool collages, for instance
WHAT I READ ON DAY 2:
- Time and Regret, by M.K. Tod = 36 pages
- Exit Strategy, by Colleen Cross = 7 pages read + 7 translated = 14 pages
- Patristic Theology, by John Romanides = 0 page
TOTAL PAGES IN DAY 2= 50 pages
PAGES READ SO FAR= 125/490 pages
- Did the challenge of the day: Mix ‘n Match
- I posted a review on The House Between Tides, the awesome novel by Sarah Maine
Well, I knew it would not be a good reading day, with a prayer service at Church, followed by a lecture – that’s why I ended up skipping my religious book. And tonight I have a two hour workshop at my library
WHAT I READ ON DAY 1:
- Time and Regret, by M.K. Tod = 49 pages
- Exit Strategy, by Colleen Cross = 6 pages read + 6 translated = 12 pages
- Patristic Theology, by John Romanides = 14 pages
TOTAL PAGES IN DAY 1= 75 pages
PAGES READ SO FAR= 75/490 pages
- I took part in the insane Twitter Chat party. I’m a bit disappointed that we have the same questions every year, but I met many new book bloggers
- Did the challenge of the day on movies to books
- I posted a bookgiveaway
- And I posted another interview + giveaway of The House of Kane, by Barbara Casey
I did mange to read over 70 pages, but this is actually a bad week. I can only read in the evenings, and I have a Church function tonight, a class at the library on Wednesday, and my block book club meeting on Friday! Will have to catch up on the other days!
Here is the rest of the schedule:
Bout of Books — Show Off Your Shelves Photo Challenge
The Book Junkie — Titles in the Tabloids
Janey Canuck — Book in a Song
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion
Saturday: 10am CST (TZC)
My challenge this week is to read 490 pages (average of 70 pages/day).
Not counting some time for audiobooks as well.