The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized
by Amanda @ On a Book Bender
and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal.
It is a week long read-a-thon that begins
12:01am Monday, August 22nd
and runs through Sunday, August 28th
in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure.
There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize,
but all of these are completely optional.
For all Bout of Books 17 information and updates,
be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
From the Bout of Books team
WHAT I READ ON DAY 2:
- Time and Regret, by M.K. Tod = 36 pages
- Exit Strategy, by Colleen Cross = 7 pages read + 7 translated = 14 pages
- Patristic Theology, by John Romanides = 0 page
- no audio time
TOTAL PAGES IN DAY 2= 50 pages
PAGES READ SO FAR= 125/490 pages
- Did the challenge of the day: Mix ‘n Match
- I posted a review on The House Between Tides, the awesome novel by Sarah Maine
Well, I knew it would not be a good reading day, with a prayer service at Church, followed by a lecture – that’s why I ended up skipping my religious book. And tonight I have a two hour workshop at my library
WHAT I READ ON DAY 1:
- Time and Regret, by M.K. Tod = 49 pages
- Exit Strategy, by Colleen Cross = 6 pages read + 6 translated = 12 pages
- Patristic Theology, by John Romanides = 14 pages
- no audio time
TOTAL PAGES IN DAY 1= 75 pages
PAGES READ SO FAR= 75/490 pages
- I took part in the insane Twitter Chat party. I’m a bit disappointed that we have the same questions every year, but I met many new book bloggers
- Did the challenge of the day on movies to books
- I posted a bookgiveaway
- And I posted another interview + giveaway of The House of Kane, by Barbara Casey
I did mange to read over 70 pages, but this is actually a bad week. I can only read in the evenings, and I have a Church function tonight, a class at the library on Wednesday, and my block book club meeting on Friday! Will have to catch up on the other days!
Here is the rest of the schedule:
Bout of Books — Show Off Your Shelves Photo Challenge
The Book Junkie — Titles in the Tabloids
Janey Canuck — Book in a Song
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion
Saturday: 10am CST (TZC)
My challenge this week is to read 490 pages (average of 70 pages/day).
Not counting some time for audiobooks as well.